6. Jenny

Jenny

Vic | Tommy

Whatever it is that Mrs Right is telling us about math right now I'm not listening. With Tommy sitting next to me I pretty much never do. Sitting at the very back of the class is not making it very difficult. We have this classic notebook chatting thing since seventh grade where we chat during class writing what we want to say in a notebook. Pretty typical for high school kids and kinda convenient. No matter how stupid this is I never throw these notebooks away. I have four of them at home, I read them when I'm down. The content makes me laugh as much as it makes me nostalgic. Right now me and Tommy are working on our fifth notebook.

Wednesday: day 6 on 'how to survive when your bully lives in your house', I am your host Victoria Hathaway, psychology status: same shit, comment: my life is hell please kill m-

Tommy snatches the notebook from my hands, his face showing he's tired of waiting for me to finish my freaking essay.

Dramatic af

Not at all stupid

He's just staying there for some time it's not so dreadful it's not forever

Easy for you to say

It can't be that bad

Ok simple question: how would you feel if someone was insulting you in your own house?

Do you want me to beat him up?

Like it's going to be any helpful

Maybe just talk to him?

Useless too

I can't just do nothing Vic

Well there's nothing you can do

How bad is it?

He just keeps doing what he has done from the beginning, insulting and all

Has he laid a hand on you?

Not that bad Tommy

You know I'd kill him if he did

I know. What am I gonna do?

What have you done so far?

Nothing

That's a lie

I just ignore him

That's not nothing

If that's not nothing then what is?

How about letting him see he got to you

I lift my eyes off the notebook and sigh. I want to tell Tommy that doing the least possible is about as good as doing nothing  at all. But I feel like if I talk about it any longer it'll just drain me.

Right. We can change the subject now

Not just yet

Why not jerk

Chill Vic, look for yourself

Look at what?

Him. He's been looking at you the whole time

So? He's probably planning how to fuck with me next

Not like that Vic

My eyebrows furrow together as I read his last sentence. After putting down the notebook I discretely peak at Aaron over my left shoulder, curiosity getting the best of me.

He is looking my way but I can't tell if his eyes are on me or not. I managed to see his face lacked the usual hate and dislike he has when he's looking at me. Instead it was...peaceful?

I turn my head back forward examining the possibilities of where he might be looking.

An annoying laughter coming from my right snaps me out if my thoughts making me then my head that way.

It's Jenny fucking Williams. Head cheerleader, school diva, prom queen, every guy's dream blah blah blah.

She and Aaron are the ones that bug me the most from the rest of their crew. I have to give it to her she is very pretty. Blonde curls reaching her shoulders, round bright blue eyes, slightly tanned skin, hot body with curves and everything going on. To a stranger she seems sweat and nice but she's plain evil. Or just a bitch. And especially with me.

I roll my eyes and sigh as realization hits me before I take the notebook once again.

He's looking at Jenny bumdass

No he isn't

Yes he is, I saw it.

He doesn't look at her like this anymore, they've broken up two weeks ago

Why do you bother?

And why do I bother? I never cared before. I still don't care. I don't.

I'm just saying

Right. How long until the bell?

30'

Great see u at home

He's driving you back again? What's up with that?

He keeps saying my mother asked him to

Have you talked to her?

Like she'll listen

The bell goes off letting us know we are dismissed for the day causing a sudden racket unlike the quiet that prevailed before.

I see Jenny shooting me one of those glares that says ' you know I'm not done with you' and I roll my eyes at her as I hang my bag on one shoulder. I manage to see Tommy following the crowd before I'm pulled back by someone obviously a lot stronger than me. I snap my head that way only to meet a pair of blue eyes staring back at me.

"What was that for?" I complain but he only shrugs it off and walks past me signing me to follow him.

I snort and run my hand through my dark hair before I make my way to his car.