Chapter 2

I peeked around the corner looking into the Warblers' practice room, then immediately went back and pressed myself to the wall outside. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and I walked into the room, chin held high. The room fell into a hush, and everyone was staring at me.

"Amelia! You came!" I looked and saw Nick walking over to me. "Guys, this is Amelia Blake, and I've gotten her to want to try out for the Warblers."

"But...she's a girl. And this is an all guys group." The guy who Nick told me was named Trent.

"That's cause there's never been a girl at Dalton. This is a great opportunity for us, we can reach octaves we've never been able to since Kurt left." Nick pushed.

"Who's to say she can even sing?" I looked over to see it was Sebastian sauntering over to us. "I'm all for Blake joining but we can't just blindly accept her without an audition, even you know that Nick."

"I can sing if you want me to." I finally piped up. Sebastian looked me up and down and smirked.

"Well then, show us what you got." He said, stepping back. I took a deep breath.

Song: Cry Me A River by Michael Buble

Now you say you're lonely
You cried the whole night through
Well, you can cry me a river, cry me a river
I cried a river over you

And now you say you're sorry,
For being so untrue
Well, you can cry me a river
Cry me a river,
I cried a river over you.

You drove me nearly out of my head
While you never shed a tear, babe
Remember, I remember all that you said
You told me love was too plebeian
Told me you were through with me

And now you say you love me
Well, just to prove that you do
Why don't you cry me a river
Cry me a river
'Cause I cried a river over you, over you

You say you love me but you lie

Now, you say you love me
Well, just to prove that you do
Come on and cry me a river
Oh cry me a river
I cried a river over you

I cried a river
Now you can too
Cry me a river
Cry me a river.

I hit the last note and then looked up at the group. They exchanged a few glances with each other.

"All in favor of Amelia Blake joining the Warblers?" Nick asked, and everyone shy of about 3 people raised their hands. "Well that says it, Amelia, welcome to the Dalton Academy Warblers." I smiled while everyone clapped. "Normally the newest member takes care of a real Warbler but we haven't gotten a new one since Pavarotti passed." They all hung their heads for a moment, and then looked back up at me. "You can join us for your first practice tomorrow, today we would like you to go prepare a song for tomorrow to showcase your talents for sectionals. As our first female Warbler, we need to harness your femininity and show the Warblers will not be bested by a higher octave." My eyes went wide.

"Wait I just joined and you're already giving me a solo?"

"I think I speak for all of us when I say a female soloist will be the last thing anyone will expect." Sebastian said, shooting me another one of his signature smirk. "Vous allez être incroyable, ma chérie (you'll do amazing, my dear)."

"Merci beaucoup (Thank you very much)." I shot him a smile. I stood up from the piano and walked to the door. "Au revoir, les garçons (Goodbye, boys)."