Chapter 11

We arrived back at Dalton, slightly dejected at our loss at Regionals, and Sebastian stopped the team before we went inside.

"Okay guys, I know it sucks that we lost at Regionals, but that just gives us an excuse to do 10 times better next time. Warbler meetings will continue as we still have tons of fundraisers and performances throughout the year. We need to prepare ourselves for next year as much as possible. Dismissed." While everyone went inside, I walked towards Sebastian instead. I knew the loss was hitting him hard.

I reached up and put my hand on his cheek, and he leaned into it, looking exhausted. I reached up and wrapped both arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. He reached out and gripped my waist firmly, and we stood in the dark parking lot, holding each other and taking in the others presence. 

"Walk me to my room." I mumbled in his ear, and I felt him nod, so we pulled apart only enough so that he could put him arm around my waist, and walked towards the dorms. 

As we walked, I realized how much my life has brightened since I came to Dalton. I had made the best friends I could've imagined, met the best guy I could've asked for, and finally experienced high school without fighting for my life. I had never been happier. 

We arrived at my dorm, but instead of saying goodbye, I turned the knob and pulled him in. He looked at me curiously.

"Do you wanna stay? You've had a rough night." I mumbled out, and a small smile graced his features.

"Of course." He shut the door behind him, and walked over to the bed, sat down on the edge, and opened his arms, features falling into a pout. I giggled.

"I'm gonna change first, then we can cuddle." I told him, he let out a dejected sigh, but smiled anyways. I grabbed a set of pajamas off my dresser, went into the bathroom, threw them on as fast as I could, and walked back out to find Sebastian in only his undershirt and boxers, stretched out across my bed. My mouth opened slightly and he smirked.

"Careful, babe. You'll catch flies." He joked, and I shook my head at him. "You look adorable by the way." A blush took over my features, and I crawled on the bed, flopped down next to him, and nuzzled into his chest. His arms wrapped around me, and pulled me closer to him. He brushed my hair away from my cheeks, and pressed a kiss to my forehead, then moved down to my nose, then a quick peck on my lips before locking eyes with me. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on." He mumbled before pressing another, longer kiss to my lips. 

This kiss was different than the ones we'd previously shared, our first was urgent, like we craved each other, needed each other even. The rest had been sweet, small kisses, like promises. But this, this was different. It was slow, and emotional, and loving. Our previous kisses had been rushed, afraid we'd run out of time, grasping at every moment, but this one was timeless, like we could kiss for hours and we'd still have all the time in the world. He held my cheek with one hand and the small of my back with the other, and I grasped his shirt, not tightly, just enough to feel safe. 

Far too soon, he removed his lips from mine.

But it was okay, because he pulled my small form into his and I curled my face into his neck. His fingers ran through my hair, and I sighed, relaxation fully taken over. I soon fell asleep to the even rise and fall of his chest, and the steady rhythm of his breath.

_________

And that's the end of Part 1! Sorry for the short chapter, I just thought it'd be nice to end it on some fluff. THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE BOOK. Just this part. I thought I'd release this part at least, and I'll take time to really work on Part 2 (which I'm super excited for). See you guys soon!