Chapter 9

It had been 3 weeks since my fight with Sebastian. I had been trudging through Warbler rehearsals, because no matter how much I hated Sebastian, I wasn't going to screw over the rest of the team, not with Regionals so close.
I was in my room, doing my History homework, when I heard a frantic knocking at my door. I looked over at the door in confusion, and walked over, opening it to a heavily breathing NIck.
"Woah Nicky, what's wrong?" I asked, and he shook his head.
"Amy, it's Sebastian. He's a mess." I looked at him, a frown etched on my face. "He won't let me into our dorm, he's yelling, and throwing things, he's been going at that for an hour now. Amy, please, you're the only person who could possibly get him to calm down."
"Nick, I don't know-"
"Amelia, I'm actually worried about him for once. I've never seen him like this. Please." He pushed, and I sighed.
"Fine, let's go."
We walked through the halls of Dalton, and I could already hear the crashing coming from Nick and Sebastian's shared dorm. People were crowded around it, and I shooed them away as I approached the door. I looked up at it, taking a deep breath before knocking.
"Sebastian." The yelling continued. "Seb, it's Amy. Let me in." The noise halted, and I heard a click as the door unlocked. I looked over at Nick, and he nodded, urging me to go in. I pushed open the door, walking into the room, and seeing Sebastian sitting on his bed, with his back to me and his head hung low. It took me a second to realise he was shaking. "Seb, what is going on?"
"I went too far." He croaked out. "I'm a horrible person."
"Seb what happened?" I noticed his body started to rack with sobs. I walked over and sat down next to him.
"I don't deserve you. I never did."
"Seb please, just tell me what happened." He leapt up.
"I hurt someone Amy! What those people at your old school did to you, I did that to someone." He yelled, and I flinched. Tears were streaming down his face. "That Karofsky guy, on the news? The one that tried to kill himself?" Hi voice cracked. "I was so terrible to him Amelia. I told him to not come out. He asked for my advice and I just stomped all over him."
"Seb, how long ago was this?" I was in shock with his words.
"Right before I met you, I was even worse back then than I am now." He whispered.
"Sebastian, I doubt what you said was what made him tip." I told him, standing up and placing my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me, his eyes glossy. "Speaking from experience, yes everything left a mark, but there was that one thing that really made me tip over the edge. Yes Seb, what you told him was terrible, but at least you're sorry. Why don't you tell him that?" He shook his head.
"I doubt he wants to see me."
"Bas, it would've meant the world to me if someone had visited me when I was in the hospital and told me they were sorry." I lifted my hand from his shoulder to his cheek. "I'll go with you, I promise it'll mean the world to him."
He stared down at me, and I stared up at him, and I felt my heart start to race, the feeling that I thought I'd lost when Sebastian hurt Blaine and made me hate him. Or I thought I'd hated him. He reached his hand up to my neck, and I stopped breathing. He lowered his head down to mine, and pressed his lips against mine. I took a sharp breath through my nose and my shoulders tensed up at the contact, but I lowered my hand from his cheek and layed it on his chest, the other reaching around his neck. His hand raised up into my hair and we somehow got even closer to each other, grasping at the touch.
But then reality struck.
I stepped back, removing my lips from his, and his eyes opened, and he looked even more dejected than before.
"Sebastian what are you doing?" I shook my head. "You're gay Seb, why..."
"I don't know. I thought I was, maybe I am, I just don't know right now Amy. What I do know is you're the only girl I've ever looked at twice." My breath caught in my throat. "I know I'm gay, but maybe I'm bi. All I know is I like you Amy. I didn't know that before cause I didn't know what liking a girl felt like. I just thought that maybe that's what friendship felt like. But now I see it's more than that."

"This is all happening so fast, Bas." I mumbled, and he pulled me into a hug. "I've never dated anyone before."

"Then this is new for both of us. We can learn together." He lifted my chin up to meet his eyes. "Give me a chance, Ames." I took a deep breath and then nodded.

"Okay." 

"YES!" I heard Nick shout from outside,and I burst out laughing. "Crap did you hear that?" 

"Yes, we did you dork." I giggled, and Sebastian smiled down at me. "Now let's go see Karofsky."

><><

We walked hand in hand into the hospital. The lady at the front desk looked up  at us lazily.

"Who are you here to see?" She drawled out. 

"David Karofsky." I told her, and she typed some things into her computer. 

"Room 332. Visiting hours end at 8." 

Sebastian and I made our way up the elevator and eventually found our way to Karofsky's room.  looked up at him, and he looked nervous out of his right mind. I rubbed my thumb across his hand. 

"Are you ready." He didn't take his eyes from the door, but nodded stiffly. I reached my hand up and knocked 3 times.

"Come in." I heard Karofsky call from inside. I opened the door and pulled Sebastian in with me. He looked up and his expression immediately dropped into one of awe. "Sebastian."

"David... I..." Sebastian looked mortified, face to face with someone he had hurt. "I wanted to say... I'm sorry for what I said to you." Another tear slipped down his cheek. "I never used to think about the... repercussions." He squeezed my hand tightly. "I was terrible before I met Amy. She taught me to be better." Karofsky looked over at me, finally realizing our hands were intertwined.

"David, I'm so glad to see you're okay." I told him,and he smiled.

"Thank you, things kind of seem to come into perspective after I woke up." He told me, and I nodded.

"Just... take it from someone who knows," I lifted my shirt up to show my scar. "It may not seem like it now, and I know this sound so cliche, but it gets better. The people who are willing to do this to you, they aren't worth the satisfaction. Seb taught me that." 

"Thank you, both of you." Karofsky smiled genuinely. 

"Ge better soon, David." I then pulled Sebastian out of the room, seeing how uncomfortable he was. The second we were out of sight, I pulled Sebastian into a tight hug, and he grasped at my shirt.

"Amy, thank you for making me do this." He whispered and I smiled.

"Of course, Seb. Now come on." I pulled away from him, and he looked at me curiously. "There's someone I want you to meet."