Chapter 7

Sebastian and I walked into the practice room, we were a little early to practice so we sat down on the couch. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I lied my head down on his shoulder and he nuzzled his nose into my hair.

"I'm sorry about earlier, ma chérie." He mumbled. "I saw how uncomfortable you were earlier, I'll never put you in that situation ever again. Promise." I looked up at him and smiled, but before I could respond, Nick came barreling into the room clutching a piece of paper.

"Guys! We got a message from the New Directions." He lifted up the paper. "'Come meet us on the first floor of the mall parking lot at 10 tonight. We'll see who's really bad.' Do you think they found out about MJ?"

"I know they did." Sebastian piped up, and the entirety of the Warblers looked over at us. A blush spread across my face, and I looked down. "Amy and I saw them at the Lima Bean today, they seemed pretty bothered by it."

"Well we need to decide if we're going to take them up on it, all for?" The entire group raised their hands but me.
"Something wrong Amy?" Sebastian asked. I sighed.
"I just feel like this could go ugly, I don't know. I'll go with you guys though, Warbler pride you know?"
"Amy, we aren't going to force you to go. If you don't feel comfortable you can just stay here." Sebastian mumbled to me, and I shook my head.
"I'm going, I wanna support you guys." He sighed, but nodded.
"Well then let's start rehearsing, I think we all know what song they wanna do."

><><

"Tell me again why I let you dress me in this stuff

"Tell me again why I let you dress me in this stuff." I asked Sebastian as we stepped out of his car.
"Because Amy," he said while straightening his tie. "You have a bangin' body but you refuse to embrace it. Trust me, those greasy New Directions boys won't be able to keep their teenage wandering eyes off of you, giving us an advantage."
"So I'm a sexual distraction?" Sebastian spun around immediately, grabbing me by the shoulders.
"Of course not, Amy." He mumbled. "I just can't stand to see you downgrade yourself. You're beautiful Ames. I'm just trying to help you see that." I was frozen in my spot, his face was only inches from mine, my heart was racing. I'd never been that close to a guy before, it sent confusion through my body. What was I doing? I couldn't like Sebastian, he was gay, I couldn't do that to myself or him. "Now let's go destroy them."
We went towards the garage to find the rest of the Warblers waiting there. We got in a simple formation, me and Sebastian at the head, and we marched into the parking garage. Blaine and Santana were standing in hoodies waiting for us.
"Well, we're here." Sebastian said when we had stopped in front of them.
"We got something to settle." Blaine said. "We both wanna do MJ but only one of us can."
"We're having a Jackson-off, Nick at Nite. Winner gets the king of pop at regionals." Santana continued.
"What... us against the two of you? You really think you're that bad?" A smirk danced across Sebastian's face as he taunted them and my heart leapt. "Is that w@hat they teach you at that little public school of yours?"
"It's time to see who's bad." Blaine said. Santana snapped her fingers, and the rest of the New Directions came out.
A

h, your butt is mine
Gonna take you right, ah
Just show your face
In broad daylight, ah
I'm telling you
On how I feel, ah
Gonna hurt your mind
Don't shoot to kill
Shamone, shamone
Get on me all right...
Artie with Blaine:
Your lyin' eyes
Gonna take you right (Artie: Ah)

Artie:
So listen up

Artie with Santana:
Don't make a fight
Your talk is cheap
You're not a man (Artie: Dah)
You're throwin' stones
To hide your hands (Artie: Ah)
Blaine:
But they say the sky's the limit
And to me that's really true, ah
But my friends, you have seen nothing
Just wait 'til I get through

Santana (New Directions and The Warblers):
Because I'm bad, I'm bad (Bad, bad, really, really, bad)
Come on
You know I'm bad, I'm bad (Bad, bad, really, really, bad)
You know it
Uh, you know I'm bad, I'm bad (Bad, bad, really, really, bad)
Come on, you know

Santana with New Directions and The Warblers:
And the whole world has to answer right now
Just to tell you once again who's bad

Artie:
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Blaine and Sebastian:
Oh, woah, woah, woah, woah
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah

They were about to go into the last chorus, when I felt a hand grab me. I looked up to see Nick tugging me out of the group. I didn't know Nick too well, but I trusted him enough to know he wasn't going to rape me or anything, so I just followed him out.
"Nick where are we going?" I asked and he walked me over to his car.
"Back to Dalton, I promised not to explain, please just trust me?" He begged, and so I nodded, knowing he wasn't gonna budge. I got in his car, and we pulled out of the parking lot. "So, Amelia, what are you into? Hobbies, interests, obsessions, besides singing of course." He chuckled, and I giggled.
"Well, I play piano, I dance-"
"Yeah! I remember Sebastian mentioning you guys were dance partners. You did amazing at Sectionals. You and Sebastian kinda disappeared afterwords though?" A blush covered my face, shaking my head.
"This rude girl from my old school showed up. I kinda ran out, and Sebastian had to calm me down." I told him, and he looked concerned, but nodded. He pulled into the Dalton parking lot, and we go out, being careful to not shut the doors too loudly. We quietly snuck into the dormitories and he walked me to my room, and when we got to the top corner of the dormitory where my room was (they put me there so I had my own private bathroom for my safety), he turned to me and smiled.
"Well, I got you here safety, so my job is done. But I'd love to hang out again, under better circumstances. We're gonna be spending plenty of time together anyways, might as well be friends. Jeff, Trent and I are going out to coffee tomorrow, wanna join us? I'm sure they'd love to have you." I grinned and nodded.
" That sounds great Nick, I'd love to. " I pulled my phone out, as he took it, punching in his number. "I'll text you tomorrow?" He smiled.
"Sounds great. See you then Amelia." I smiled and Nick returned it, turning around and heading back to his own dorm. I turned around, unlocked my dorm, and walked inside, changing into my pajamas.

I

I

looked at my phone to see a text from Sebastian.
Seb ☕🗼: you get home alright? I knew things would get ugly with them after the song so I made sure Nick got you out
I smiled, happy that he cared.
Amy-Bee: yeah, I'm good Seb, thanks for being so considerate ♥
Seb ☕🗼: no problem ma chérie, sleep well ♥
Amy-Bee: night Bas ♥
I pulled my hair into pigtail braids and shut off the light, the rush of making new friends and talking to Sebastian, keeping me awake longer than I'd like.