Chapter 12

I arrived back at Dalton High for my senior year, thankfully the principal let me come back that year. I was super excited, I had only gotten to see Sebastian about once or twice a week during the summer, and the thought of getting to see him every day again sent joy throughout my body. Everyone had their bags, and my parents followed me through the dormitories. The first day was spent moving in and touring the classrooms, so my mom and dad were there to help me set up my dorm room. Emily was going to help, but she had Chemo scheduled for that day, and it was pretty routine so my parents didn't have to go.

We arrived at my room, and I pulled out my key, excitedly turning the lock and pushing the door open. The room was completely blank, but on my bedside table sat a vase full of sunflowers with a note. I walked over, picking up the node, smiling as I read it.

Because you're the sunlight in my life, ma chérie. With love, Your Warbler.

"Who are they from?" My dad asked, and I grinned even wider, if that was even possible.

"They're from Sebastian." I told them, and my mother smiled, while my dad chuckled and shook his head. They both liked Sebastian, he had really done a good job at gaining their trust, which was not easily won.

"He's such a romantic." My mother gushed, and my father rolled his eyes.

"He's trouble, Susan. I can see it in his eyes, remember Amelia, if he ever lays a hand on you-" My dad started but was interrupted.

"Come on pops, don't you trust me?" I squealed as Sebastian appeared in the door, and tackled him in a hug. He laughed and held me tightly, pressing a small kiss to my head. My dad just laughed, grinning wildly.

"You know I do, Sebastian. Just looking out for my little girl, like always. Don't think you won't meet my shotgun, son." My dad chastised, and Sebastian released me from a hug, settling for his arm around my waist, and saluted my father jokingly.

"Yes, sir." He said firmly, and I giggled. "I can help Amelia unpack, if you two wanna go see Emily or something." Sebastian and Emily had grown close over the remainder of the school year, driving me to visit her almost once a week. I really appreciated him getting to know my family properly, it meant a lot that he cared.

"Are you sure, darling? We can stay if it's too much?" My mother told him, and he shook his head.

"I've got it. Ames and I are an unstoppable team together." He pulled me closer and I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, mom, you and dad can go see how Em's Chemo went today. We'll be fine." I promised and my Dad nodded.

"Well,if you're sure, good luck you two." My dad pulled me into a hug and I held him tightly, knowing I wouldn't see them for a while. I released my dad and gave my mom a hug too, kissing her on the cheek.

"Be good." My mom told me, then leaned into my ear. "And use protection." A blush covered my cheeks, and I know Sebastian could tell what she said, and he sent me a smirk and a wink. I rolled my eyes at his childishness, and my parents waved as they left the room. Sebastian closed the door behind them, and pulled me into him, pressing a long, sweet kiss to my lips. When he pulled away, he set his forehead on mine.

"I missed you so much ma amour." He mumbled, and I smiled.

"I missed you too Seb." I told him, and he picked me up swiftly, and threw me on the bed. I groaned at his actions, and he started kissing my neck.

"Seb we have to put my room together." I pestered and he let out a long whine, but unlatched himself from me, standing up and grinning widely at my disheveled form. I grabbed a box that read "Bedding" in my dad's sloppy handwriting, and got ready for an hour or two of set up.