Chapter 1: When you meet

After a couple of minutes, we finally got to the school. I jumped out of the car, saying the "goodbyes" and "loves you" and all that stuff. Once I saw the car drive off, I sighed. I could actually relax and try to enjoy my chaotic morning.

I turned around and walked into the school (that was at least six stories high,) only to find it empty. "There has to be at least someone here." I thought, looking . Not a single person. I honestly waited for that cliche tumble weed to roll in, but that didn't even come by.

I stared at the hall of lockers, wondering which one was mine. I looked up and saw a banner. I took a step back to read it, when I bumped into someone. I quickly turned around and looked down. "S-Sorry!" I said, staring at ground, "I j-just wanted to read the b- banner."

"How did you not see it on the way in?" The voice said, in a monotone, then mumbled something under his breath. "I- I don't k- know, I- I'm new...." I said. The voice sighed, "First that girl, now her...." I pondered then looked up at him.

He was another hedgehog that similarly resembled the blue one earlier. His fur was an smooth obsidan black (Not to mention the chest hair) and his eyes were a dark, immersed crimson. His quills were black and red and they spiked up a bit. He wore white gloves and bright, gold rings around his wrists and ankles, that made me wonder a little. His shoes were black and white, with a red trim on the outer parts.

He looked at me with an intense glare, while I stared at him in terror. Honestly, his stare gave me chills. He closed his eyes and told me to watch where I was going. Then, he walked past me, like I wasn't even there. I looked back at him, both confused and slightly offended.

"Could y-you tell me w-Why nobody is here?" I asked, not really sure if he would respond. It was a moment as he kept walking, not saying anything. "If I needed to sleep, I wouldn't be here an hour early before school." He finally said, saying it so soft. I was surprised I could hear him(I didn't hear the first part actually,) but Even more surprised that I was a hour early before school. "T-thanks for the answer.... C-could you show me where the office is?" I asked. No response.

I sighed. ".....great....." I thought, "Well, I have a hour to look around the school and find that office! That's good I guess....?" I turned to my left and saw a staircase to the second floor. "Well, maybe it might be on the next floor, so I'll try there." I thought before climbing up the stairs.

-Time Skip-

I was on the last floor before I reached the roof. I laid my head against the wall, catching my breath. "There has got to be an office here. How could you call a school a school without an office?" I thought, "This school is way too big. I wished it was a small as my old one."

"You should've checked the first floor before checking the rest of the school." A voice said behind me. I jumped and turned around, almost hitting the guy. He must have good reflexes, because he caught my hand before it hit him. "Oh! S-Sorry, you scared me, you really shouldn't just stand behind people like that." I said as he let go of my hand. "Pathetic." He scoffed. "Did you just call me.... pathetic?" I asked, slightly aggravated. I honestly didn't like being called weak, or puny, or something like that. It always got on my nerves, like a pet peeve.

He just ignored it and walked in front of me. "You have twenty minutes until the first class starts. More people are here, and all the important things are on the first floor. All higher floors are just classrooms." He told me. "Why didn't you tell me that when I bumped into you earlier?" I asked. "I don't need to answer that." He replied, then started walking away. "T-thank you..." I said. I looked back at him strangely, then ran down the stairs.

When I got down stairs and looked at the halls, I realized he was right. The halls were filled with nothing but students, all different kinds of animals. It was pretty easy to tell what groups of students I should stay away from though. I ran down the stairs and tried passing through the crowd. It was working, but only for a while. I started bumping into other students, needing to say sorry every ten seconds.