Chapter 14: Leaving Open Wounds

"Please.... (Y/N)... I can't.... break... lose.. too..." a voice had whispered, though I couldn't hear what they were saying. I tried to open my eyes but all I saw were blurry blotches, and a silliouhete standing above me. I then felt lips press up against my forehead.

"Get well soon..." They softly spoke in my ear.
Excuse me?! Who was that?!

"Who..." I mumbled, "Who are..." But before I could finish, the silliouhete had run off. I groaned, my eyes finally focused as I tried to get up. The nurse must've heard the bed creaking or something, because she immediately got up from her seat to come over to me.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" The nurse asked me, in reply I nodded. The nurse sighed of relief, then looked back at me.

"Oh thank goodness (Y/N), you scared a lot of us almost to death." The nurse said, placing her hand lightly on her chest. I tilted my head to the side.

"Us? What do mean by us?" I said before hearing the door swing wide open.

"(Y/N)!!! YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!!" High-pitched voices screamed from the doors. In a flash the nurse was gone as I pushed back onto the bed, someone hugging me like there was no tomorrow. Looking down, all I saw was the face of my friend.

"Tikal?" I asked, looking at her face. She was crying uncontrollably, so I tried to calm her down. Sally and Bunnie walked in, their faces filled with relief.

"It's good to see you awake (Y/N), " Sally said, then looking at Tikal, "Tikal, you should let her go now. You could be squeezing her to death." Tikal looked to Sally and gasped.

"Sally! How could you say that? I'm not hurting her!! .....Am I (Y/N)?" Tikal said looking up to me. I smiled.

"I'm alright, just... could you loosen up the hug? Kinda can't breath..." I said, still with a smile. Tikal gasped and let go of me.

"I am so so so Sorry (Y/N)!!!" Tikal exclaimed, her hands clamped together and her eyes watery.

"See? That's what I was saying!" Sally said to Tikal, which led Bunnie to laugh. I looked at the trio as Tikal was beginning to cry again, while Sally tried to comfort her, and all the while Bunnie just laughed. Seeing them warmed my heart, but two important people were missing.

"Hey guys," I spoke, "where's Blaze and Silver?" Sally, after calming Tikal,  sighed and looked at me.

"They're out in the halls, talking," Sally said, with a bit of discomfort in her face.

"What about?"

"You sugar," Bunnie said blandly. Tilting my head, I pointed my finger at me.

"Me?"

//////////////////

We were walking down to the infirmary to see if you were awake. All of us were full of anxiety, aside from Blaze, but the person who seemed the most worried was Silver. No matter what we said or did, he grew more anxious and worried. He continuously made our expectations of seeing you dreadful.

"Silver, we need to talk," Blaze said, staring at Silver. Her eyes had looked slightly dulled,  but none of us knew why. Silver stared at Blaze for moments. It was such a strange atmosphere, yet it was a wonder why. Weren't we all friends?

"We can talk about this later Blaze, (Y/N) might be awa-" Silver stated, but was cut off by Blaze quickly and blantly.

"Is everything really about (Y/N) now?!" Blaze yelled, her eyes on the brim of tears," For the past 3 months, everything has always been about her!! Why can't everything just go back to the way they were before?!"