Chapter 16: Someone.... New?!

I massaged the temples of my head as I groaned in my last class. What a hectic night; how am I suppose to handle 6 classes on only 3 hours of sleep?! I heard laughter and turned around, only to agonisingly see the wicked white bat sitting on Shadow's lap, making jokes with Sonic and Scourge. I slightly sneered, trying to keep my composure. Who was she to steal my friends?! Just because she was new?! I don't think so. I stood up rather quickly, and began walking to Shadow's desk.

"(Y/N)! You okay?" A familiar voice asked me as I almost got to Shadow's desk. Silver held my wrist softly, but enough to wake me from my jealous fit.

.....

Not that I was jealous or anything. 

"Y...yeah, I'm fine," I said with a fake smile. My blood boiled deep inside me; why are you interrupting me?!

"Do you need some water or anything," the azure hedgehog asked politely.

"No thanks, Silver," I replied, glaring at the cuddled pair, "I'm fine."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Quickly turning around, I rushed into the house. "Mom!" I exclaimed, looking toward the kitchen. Would she still be there?? Please still be here... I rushed into the kitchen, stopping at the entrance. On the floor, a shattered, white cup was scattered about, the black coffee seeping into the cracks of the tile. My mother had disappeared; like a ghost.

"W-where....?" I mumbled, staring off into space. She was gone. Angelica was gone. My family was.....

Gone.

My world was like that coffee cup; shattered and never to be fixed. It's all my fault.... It's all my fault.... It's all my-
A hand was pressed on my shoulder, squeezing it comfortingly but tightly. I looked up; Shadow stood there, looking at the "crime scene."

"Hey," Shadow said, "Pull yourself together. They haven't gone far. This wasn't your fault." I blinked, trying to admit he was right. Was he? Was it not my fault? If I had only stayed with her, maybe she wouldn't have disappeared....

"Shadow," I spoke quitely, but loud enough to hear, "How can you-"

"Hey! I've been here for a while, can you let me in now?!" An irritated voice yelled. Shadow glared annoyingly at the person behind the door.  I turned to the door, eyes widened. Who was there? Did Shadow know this person?

"Shadow I know you're here! You're the one who told me to come here in the first place!" The voice exclaimed. Okay, that answers my question. I looked up at Shadow, who was paying no mind to me. He walked over to the door.

Wait, he's not going to-

Shadow grabbed the door knob and began to open it.

"Ugh, finally! Do you know how long I've been waiting for you Shadow the Hedgehog," The voice exclaimed. To see the irrated person at the door, I quickly hid behind Shadow, and peered at who it might be.

It was a white-furred bat wearing a jumpsuit quite uncomfortable for myself and revealed... some assests that a person doesn't need much to explain. This bat wore as much makeup even the Heathers would be disgusted from it. I laughed at my myself as I heard the Heathers calling her a-

"So.... This is the girl ya want me to protect Shads," said the bat, a glare so sharp it could kill aimed at me. Her cold, blue eyes made me shiver, I didn't want her to looking anywhere around me- including Shadow. Shadow nodded and responded, "She's been targeted by Mephiles, we need to keep an eye on her." 

"Mephiles, huh," The bat queered, her eyes perking up, "and what do I get out of it exactly?"

"A reasonable reward," Shadow  replied, "I'm certain G.U.N has already told you that chaos emeralds are not apart of this."