Chapter 11; Promises

(A/N: 2,000 READERS?! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH....!!! I'm absolutely shocked and amazed! How did this get so many readers?! Thank you so much for reading this my book!! I want you all to understand that this chapter is my gratitude to all my readers!! I'm still a little tired and all that stuff but I'm back for a bit. Thank you again!! ^^)

The next day had arrived. I had barely slept due to nightmares that kept me awake. To make matters worse, mom left the house.... without me. So I had to run to school just so I could catch up and talk to Silver this morning. Talk about a tough day right?

I stood at the entrance of the school, breathing heavily. Who knew you could run to your school that was three blocks away in fifteen minutes? That had to be a world record. I slugglishy walked to my locker and laid against it.

"Silver has to be here right? Maybe I should wait a little longer...." I thought to myself.

"W-wait a minute...." I thought aloud, slowly rising up, "D-didn't Shadow hug me a couple of days ago....? A-and he is here.... at the school..... with me and o-only me until S-Silver comes...." I could feel the anxiety begin to stir up inside of me, I was absolutely terrified. I took hold of my hands and placed them to my chest, looking cautiously around. What was I so worried about? It was just a simple hug right....? Why am I so scared?

"I-I... I just need to wait for Silver, he'll be here soon..." I thought, taking a few steps forward. Never before had I felt this way about some guy. No, he was more than some guy, but I don't know what he was to me. Everything was so confusing; all I cared about was looking for my sister, and I needed help for that.

"(Y/N)!!!" I heard someone yell behind me. Quickly, I turned around and smiled. There, running toward me, was Silver, having a worried but relieved face. I smiled weakly as he ran toward me.

"Hey Silver," my voice cracking, "I'm really glad you came..."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"Hey (Y/N), I came as you asked. What's going on?" I asked, looking at her. She looked so miserable even with her beautiful smile. It wasn't as bright as it was, though, on other days.

"Y-yeah, um, c-can we talk somewhere e-else...?" (Y/N) asked, looking down.

"Huh? Oh, uh, sure. Yeah," I replied, "Let's go outside."

(Y/N) nodded slightly and started walking out the door. I quickly started to follow her, but then I turned around. I had this sudden feeling someone was watching me, or maybe something else....

We walked out to the quad, the atmosphere so tense you could have cut it with a butter knife. I didn't understand as to why it was like this though. We sat at the center of the quad, under the tallest tree of the school. The temperature was cool, and a soft breeze blew. You wouldn't think anything was wrong, but the silence changed the mood of it all. (Y/N) and I sat in the quiet quad for what seemed like hours, her head turned away from me. Finally, I spoke.

"Hey, (Y/N), are you ok-" I started.

"She's gone." Her voice hoarse.

"W-What...?"

"She's gone. She's gone and I-I don't know where she is a-and I-I'm scared that she's hurt and alone and- and- and I feel like this is all my fault and I want to find her and- and- and...." (Y/N) sobbed and hicced in between her words. Guilt and worry had filled me up inside. What had happened yesterday? And how did I not notice this when I saw her?