Chapter 1: Stars; Moody

“Don’t you really believe in love?” Kathleen asked a million times. I said no a million times but she kept asking me the same question.

“No, Kathleen.” I said furiously. “How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t believe in that silly thing?”

“I know, deep inside you. You believe in it.” She said with a serious face.

               “Not even a chance“

              "I can feel it, ____. I can feel it.”

            I just ignored her and continue walking through the school hallway. Kathleen started to tell stories about love again. I just pretend that I’m listening to her awful stories. I felt really bored until I saw this guy behind us. We stopped walking but Kathleen continues to tell stories. I just looked at this guy as he walks out the hallway. His eyes sparkled when I looked at him.

“If you just realize how amazing love is.” Kathleen finishes her story with such lovable eyes. “Uhh, _____. Did you even listen to me?”

I didn’t answer. I just stared at the floor, thinking about the guy a while ago. I feel something I really don’t understand.

“Hello???” Kathleen shouted at me waving her hand in front of my face. “Are you okay, _______?”

“Uhh, what???” I shouted back.

“I was telling you something very important but you didn’t even listen.”

“I’m sorry. I got a little distracted.”

“By who?”

“That guy.” I said, pointing the guy behind us a while ago.

“Oh. Greyson. Everyone’s getting distracted every time they see him.” She answered. “But, he’s cute.”

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“Do you really have to know?”

I raised my eyebrow and say yes. She told me everything about Greyson.

----------