Come home- Shironeki

It's been a month now since you've seen your lover. He just suddenly disappeared from your life completely, not leaving a single trace or hint to where he was. Kaneki left one morning to go back to Anteiku to work his shift in the afternoon and never came back. At first, you had a passing thought that he may of wandered off with one of the female workers but that just wasn't him and you refused to believe something like that. No one knew, or at least no one had told you where he'd been. Nevertheless, you loved him so much and it pained you greatly now that he was gone.

"Hello Koma-San, Kirishima-san," you greeted both employees bitterly as you trudged into Anteiku with a grim look smeared across your face - an expression that had been plastered there for ages now. It had become a routine to go to Anteiku daily, especially when it was Kanekis prior work hours. "Do you know where Kaneki is?" There was your typical query that every employee was far too familiar with, " A-ah, no Y/n-chan, sor-" Koma averted his eyes from your lifeless and tired ones but got cut off mid sentence by Touka slamming her hands down on the counter.

Her face was etched with sorrow and anger as she looked at you but you gave no reaction. " For god sake L/N-San, you ask the same question every time you come in here! It's hard for us too you know! I miss him too!" The waitress's eyes started to develop a glassy sheen of water over them as she shook, " Oh...I see now..." You felt your heart being pulled slightly when the thought came across your mind but you ignored it and kept on talking, " you're in love with Kaneki..." Toukas eyes widened and her mouth hung open as she ran towards you.

Although you did not falter and knew a few hits were on their way as the angry teen made her way over to you, you still wished that Kaneki would come and run off with you. Her hand reached out and ups he grabbed your H/C locks, lifting you up off the ground as you grunted. " Touka!" Koma yelled at her in a futile attempt to stop her actions then did a fast paced walk over. " You fucking bitch!"

Her free hand raised up and was about to come crashing back down to make contact with your cheek until she stopped herself and a few tears streamed down her porcelain face. You both fell to the floor on your knees, " I do, I do, but you're with him, he loves you, Kaneki was so happy with you, there's no way I can hurt someone who he cares for so deeply..." She broke down into violent sobs, disgusted at her own actions.

" That's not true..." You stood up with a few shakes and adjusted a scarf wrapped tightly around your neck, " if he truly loved me, he wouldn't of left me would he of?" Koma, who was consoling the purplette got jerked backwards when she abruptly stood up and yelled, " No! That isn't true!" Touka then proceeded to rant about what happened to your now ivory haired boyfriend and how she was told to break the news to you but didn't since she couldn't bear to do so.

After hearing all this your mind was dazed and heavy with regret and sadness. All of the weight came down right onto you and you broke down into tears then ran back home- not caring about who you shoved when running. That night you cried and sobbed for hours until you tired yourself out doing so, thinking about your rogue lover; you didn't even realise he was a ghoul...

A FEW DAYS LATER

Touka was running. She was running to see Kaneki, for her and for you. To tell him how he's broken you. (A/n I don't exactly remember how the bridge scene played out but bear with pls) The female teen could see the white hair and pale sweater of Kaneki as well as a quarter of his face as he slowly walked up some steps. Stopping to take a short breath Touka continues her route as he was halfway across the bridge when noticing her.

Kaneki turned with a stoic face and that's when Touka snapped, her anger letting itself out as she jumped on him and started to repeatedly punch his face with hard throws. As Kaneki laid there and took in a small bit of what he really deserved the purplette started to vent, " Do you know what you've done?! L/N-San is broken because of you! She doesn't smile or laugh, all she does is cry! Over you, you asshole you're not even worth it!" The males face distorted at this.

It wasn't what he wanted for his most precious person. Kaneki wanted you to move on and have a normal life, not grieve over him and cause you pain, and although you didn't seem like the type to just get over a long term lover he had hoped. "Well? Are you going to see her? She's been locked up in your apartment for months now, if she's not there she's asking for you at Antei- hey!" Just as Touka was about to tell him of your well being in some more detail until she was flung off of him and onto the ground.

His main goal now was to see you and hold you in his arms. Kaneki felt so guilty for leaving you, more than he did before. Grief filled him and overflowed.

The lights were off in the apartment as you sat in a corner and stared at another area of the room, eyes sometimes flickering towards a vacant alleyway outside the apartment window. You had hoped that Kaneki might just some how be passing by there and by chance you'd catch him skirting by. Although it seemed far fetched you were at the end of your tether with no options left but to sit and hope.

You sniffed a bit from recently crying and rubbed a sore eye vehemently from prior emotions that were still boiling. The room was dimming to a musty orange glow in some areas whilst others darkened to a pitch black shadow. Night was looming over and taking effect making the air in the room seem less cheerful, yet it never really seemed it was in the first place to you.

Large footsteps made your gaze shift for a curious glimpse at the door but you ended up sighing and shutting the blinds as the Rays from the setting sun started to take effect on your tired eyes. Now a black room, you started to sob again. "Why did you leave?" Your throat hitched but broken sobs still bubbled from the back of your throat when the door to the apartment was flung open then closed with nearly equal force.

Finally, he was in. Kaneki breathed in the air which had a sweet scent to it that coalesced with his original scent. God he missed that scent. It was yours. Your rugged sobs led him to a crumpled up figure in the corner of the room, violently shaking and repeating his own name. "Y-y/n-chan?" He stuttered out and grasped your shoulder.

Reaching out with your foot you tried in a resultless attempt to push away the man for you did not recognise the voice completely. It seemed husky and dark but still kept a nice tone to it. "Y/n-chan it's me..." Kaneki tried to tell you his identity but it fell on deaf ears. "I'm back, please, look at me, I love you Y/n-chan, it's me Kaneki..." Reaching up he tugged on the curtains, making light break through and shine on his face as a smile forced its way out on his face.

"Ka-Kaneki?" You finally looked at him as the said males hand reached out towards you and caressed your cheek. " I'm so sorry, you can hit me or hurt me do whatever you want but.....please, ple-please don't leave me," his smile cracked and ended up in a heartbreaking frown as Kaneki gripped your shirt and cried into your chest. You felt your heart clench and started to cry like a lost child would, hugging your lover in the process. " I won't! I swear I won't! Just please don't leave me again!"

. I'm so grateful you got this book to so many reads! Thank you all and thx for reading! I also am clam