I can't give you what you want- shironeki

You were a complete and utter wreck after the few words that dared to come out of Kanekis mouth. 'We should end this, I can't give you what you want in a relationship.' This used to be true. What you wanted was a fairytale yet all he could provide was a tragedy, this had changed overtime though as you matured and all you wanted now was his love. Now it didn't matter that he couldn't provide a fairytale like romance because all you wanted was him to love you unconditionally. Sadly though, Kaneki disappeared after that night and no civilian had seen him, only the CCG had. That's why you decided to join them in hopes to find the one you loved.

"Y/N-San... Is it?" A gruff voice erupted the silence in your office but you looked up despite your irritation, " special class Kuroiwa Iwao?" You recognised the old man from his square like face corrupted with wrinkles and large unkempt eyebrows, he was well known in the 20th wards CCG devision for his charisma regarding his job, though it was rare that an 11th ward investigator made the effort to go to the 20th ward. "What brings you here, sir?" You lowered your eyelids as your expression made it clear that you were bored and more than anything, annoyed that this wrinkled old man would dare disrupt your peace.

Even though you had joined the CCG you has never like your co-workers because of their occupation which you also held. The CCG was a slaughter house and it seemed that only you could see it.

Kuroiwa walked forward so he was in front of your desk, his gait was less than welcoming, " We'd like to assign you to the 11th ward where the eyepatch has been seen, currently all of our investigators are busy with other cases and the others aren't qualified for the task," your face distorted into terror and happiness at the mention of this since that's exactly why you came to the CCG. You stood up quite clumsily from your leather chair and bowed, " T-thank you special class Kuroiwa Iwao! I accept your most gracious offer!" Your face cracked and your H/C hair covered your sullen eyes as Kuroiwa nodded then told you to go there tomorrow.

Time skip~

Currently you were walking to one of the reported places the eyepatch, or Kaneki, was seen. The top few buttons of your blouse were open and you wore leggings with the CCG trench coat, you never were one to show suitable appearances for those in the CCG. You clutched your attaché case which contained your Ukaku quinqe and made it to your destination which happened to be an abandoned back road which had many unsettling decomposing vehicles and buildings.

A flash of black and white zoomed past you and stopped in front of you. The tall figure wore a mask that bared teeth and gums as well as an eyepatch, his ivory hair and visible features made it obvious to you that it was your old lover. You adjusted your collar so that it'd hide some of your face, " eyepatch, Kaneki Ken," you said in a matter of fact tone that aggravated Kaneki yet he didn't move. "What's wrong, aren't you gonna come at me?" You smirked with your eyebrows arching so that you looked quite sad but Kaneki still didn't move. "Y/n-chan?" He questioned which you nodded at, he tried to escape after seeing that but you wouldn't let him.

Unraveling your quinqe from it case it latched onto your wrist as the green detached kagune expanded to show the yellow glowing insides where sharp triangular spikes bombarded the males legs so he had to stop. You walked over to Kaneki and looked at him sadly, " sorry Kaneki, I just can't have you running away yet, I won't kill you..." You intertwined his fingers with yours then unzipped his mask to peck his lips, " not like I can anyway."

He sighed, " You joined the CCG..." Averting his eye from you he proceeded to take off his mask," trust me I hate it there," you laughed hollowly. " then why did you join?" You shook your head and felt your heart clench upon looking at the males face that was illuminated by the moon, "because I wanted to find you obviously."

Kaneki seemed taken aback at that and widened his eyes, "But I can't give you what you want, you know that and so do I." Ah how oblivious he had become, couldn't he see that you didn't care anymore and just wanted him. Calling him an idiot you sat yourself on his lap then cupped his cheeks in your palms, " How stupid have you become? I just don't care about something so fantasy anymore, I just want to be with you..." Giving him a sweet smile his features showed anguish as tears dropped from his eyes that saddened, " I'm so lonely without you..."