Chapter Four

Author Notes: Hey, guys! So, just a few things. In this chapter, and from now on, there might be some point of view change. The only one that will be in first-person will be Nicole. Everyone else will be written in third-person. However, I'll always write who's point of view it is before I write anything. (Eg. Cleo's point of view, Clawdeen's point of view, etc). So, enjoy!

Cleo's Point Of View

"I just don't get it! How can you be so stupid!?" Cleo exclaimed, slamming her fist into the wall. Deuce held up his hands in defense and sighed.

"I was up against Clawd and Dracula. Have you ever been around both of them at the same time? I had no idea that Dracula would be over there today," Deuce said. He lowered his hands. Cleo screamed as she slammed her first into the wall, again.

"My babies are royalty! They can not be around Nicole Wolf! Oh my Ra! I asked you do one thing; one thing! What are you even good for?" She yelled. Deuce sighed and ran his fingers through his snakes. He was tired and wanted to be done with arguing. How many more years of this would follow after he proposed to her?

Cleo angrily stormed up the stairs and into her bedroom. She actually shared a bedroom with Deuce, but rarely went into it. Instead, she retreated to her private room. Her private room reminded her of who she once was: a beautiful woman who was royally in love with Deuce Gorgan. But something had happened to her, and she couldn't quite place what had happened or when it had happened. But every time she looked a mirror, she could see the loving Cleo trying to get back out into the world. And every time, Cleo suppressed it and continued to be who she was. Maybe she didn't like who she was, but so what? It had never mattered how Cleo had felt about herself; it had only ever mattered how others felt about her.

Cleo sighed as she stared at herself in the mirror. Part of her felt that old Cleo had disappeared at Draculaura's sweet 1600 birthday party, when she had been shot with an arrow and fallen in love with herself. But, deep down, she knew what had really happened to old Cleo.

It had started when Clawd's father had fallen and died while working on her house.

"Don't care? How can you not care? That man was someone's father. Someone's husband. A family lost their son when he died. And it happened because of your house. And you don't care?" She shook her head and smiled.

"You see, Draculaura," she said, grabbing a tray and heading back to a table. "How can I explain this to you? I only care about my own family when it comes to tragedy. My family is just fine after the incident that led to Clawrk's death. The Wolf family might be screwed up, now, but, hmm, mine is just fine," she said, taking a small bite of the salad on her plate.

"You are a horrible, horrible person. You.... You are very dark hearted, Cleo De Nile," she smiled.

"My heart has been gone a long, long time, Draculaura. The day I died, the day I became a mummy....... My heart's been gone a long time."

Cleo placed her head in her hands and let out a long cry. She still felt bad for ever saying something like that to Draculaura. In the short time that she had known Clawrk, he had been an amazing man and an amazing monster in her life. And for Draculaura, Clawrk had been like a second father to her. And Cleo felt horrible for being so selfish when he had died. She could never take those words back.

That had been when she had lost Deuce. He had told her that he couldn't be with someone who felt like that about the death of Clawrk. In the long run, she didn't even blame him. She would've broken up with Deuce had it been her father that had died. She looked back up at the mirror on her vanity and sighed.

The only way Cleo would ever become normal again would be if Draculaura herself walked through the door and told her that everything was going to be ok.