Chapter Twenty-Six

Calvin's Point Of View

"So, what did Mr. Where want?" I asked as we walked out of the school.

"Nothing important. He just wanted to know how I answered the question even though I wasn't paying attention," Nicole said quietly.

"You sure? You seemed really nervous in the school," I said.

"I'm sure. Everything's fine," she said.

"If you say so," I said. I pulled her closer to me and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Do you have anything planned for tonight?" she asked.

"Nope. Why?"

"If it's okay with my dad and your mom, would you want to spend the night?" she asked.

"I'd love to," I said softly.

"Awesome."

I lightly ran my hand up her side and shook my head. "I'll walk you home and then text my mom. Okay?" She nodded. Something was definitely wrong. I was hoping that if I spent the night, she would tell me, then.

***

"My mom's just going to come by and drop off my pajamas, okay?" I asked.

Nicole nodded. "Sounds like a plan," she said. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course."

"Can you go into my bathroom and take the razor blade off the shelf in the bathtub? Take it out of the bathroom and just... hide it somewhere?" she asked.

"Why?"

"Because I really need to go to the bathroom and I don't want to be tempted by it," she whispered.

I dropped to the floor in front of her. "Why would you be tempted by it?" I asked.

"I'll tell you after I go to the bathroom. Just take the razor," she said. I nodded and stood up. I walked into her bathroom and grabbed the razor blade from the shelf, careful not to cut myself. I walked back out of the bathroom and gestured to the door. She forced a tiny smile and stood up. She walked past me and went into the bathroom. I shoved the razor blade into my coat pocket.

A few minutes later, Nicole walked back into the bedroom. She unzipped her backpack and took her iPad out. "Have you seen the website?"

"What website?" I asked.

She patted the floor with her hand. I sat down in front of her. She handed me her iPad. "This website," she said.

"I hate Nicole Wolf?" I asked.

"Read the message boards," she said quietly.

*Member 03: What about an alley? We could just get her in an alley somewhere and end it. Could anyone get access to a gun?*

*Member 02: 03; my dad owns a gun. He taught me how to shoot, before. I could get one that way.*

*Member 03: 02; great! Would that work for everyone else?*

*Member 00: 03, 02; a gun is too loud. Someone could hear it. That's not accidental. They would put detectives on that crime scene. They wouldn't stop until they discovered who killed her.*

*Member 04: 00; right. No need to get stupid with this, people. We have to be smart about the entire thing. One wrong move and we'll be found out.*

*Member 00: 04; Bingo. No stupidity, guys.*

"Nicole, when did you find this?" I asked.

"About a week ago, I think," she said.