Chapter Ten

Dracula's Point Of View

Dracula cleared his throat and shook the newspaper as he read through the front page. He looked up at the empty chair that sat in the corner of his living room. He sighed. He remembered all the times that Draculaura would sit in the chair, her pet bat on her lap. He smiled and shook his head as he went back to reading the newspaper. His phone rang. He folded the newspaper and leaned over to pick his phone up off of the end table.
"Clawd? Is something wrong?" He asked as he answered the phone.
"I need you to go to the school and pick up Nicole. Clawdeen has been in a car accident and I'm taking her to the hospital. Please don't let her know anything's wrong. Just.... just keep her busy," Clawd said. Dracula pushed himself out of the chair and nodded.
"Sure. I'll pick her up," Dracula said, pulling his black boots on over his feet.
"Thanks. Just bring her home. She has a friend with her, too," Clawd said before hanging up. Dracula frowned and slid his phone into the pocket of his black jeans. He slid his arms into his coat and pulled the hood over his head. It was bright and sunny out today. He was not about to be burnt to a crisp outside. He opened the door and, out of habit, hissed as the sunlight shined into the house. He pulled the door closed and ran to the car. He took out his phone and sent a text to Nicole, telling her to stay at the school and he would be there soon.
Poor girl. She's been there for so long. He thought to himself as he started the car.

Nicole's Point Of View

"There," I said, sliding my phone back into my pocket. "My grandpa's coming to pick us up," I said, jumping off the tire swing. Again, for what seemed like the hundredth time, I brought the swing up and jumped back onto it as it swung around.
"Great!" Calvin exclaimed over the wind that rushed past us as we swung. "I get to meet Dracula!" He shouted. I laughed and nodded. I leaned backwards, the tire swinging up as I did. The swing stopped and I jumped off.
"Hold on," Calvin said softly. "I'm kinda dizzy," he said. I nodded.
"Same here. I just didn't want to ruin the fun," I said, a small laugh following my words. "We could go down the slide. Grandpa should be here in ten minutes or so," I said.
"Yeah. We could do that," Calvin said.
"Wait," I said softly, holding my hand up. "There's something shiny over there," I said, pointing to the tree at the end of the playground. Calvin held his hand up to his eyes and frowned.
"How can you see that far?" He asked. I smiled. "Oh, yeah. Part werewolf. My bad," he said. I laughed and ran towards the tree. I bent down and picked up the object.
"A lamp?" I asked. "Why is there a lamp here?" I asked. It wasn't really a lamp-lamp. But, it was a genie's lamp. It kinda looked like a Chinese lantern. "It's kinda cool," I said, turning it over. My hand slid to the bottom of it and it shook.
"Woah," Calvin whispered as the lantern flew out of my hands and up into the sky. The lantern lit up and dropped back to the ground. Seconds later, a monster was standing in front of me. A monster with pink skin, purple eyes, and pink and gold hair smiled down at me. She knelt down so she was my height before she spoke.
"Greetings, Finder. You have found me. How may I serve you?"
"You're a genie?" Calvin asked.
"Correct. I am Gigi. And I am here to serve the finder. The finder is granted thirteen wishes to use as she chooses," Gigi said softly, handing the lantern to me.
"Woah," I said quietly. Gigi giggled and nodded.
"It can seem a little strange at first," she said. "But you can wish for anything you want," she finished.
"Anything?" I asked. She nodded.
"Anything your heart desires, Finder," Gigi said.
"Why thirteen wishes? I thought it was only three," I said. Gigi sighed and sat down on the grass. Calvin and I both sat down in front of her.
"We use to have three wishes to each finder. But we were also not allowed to speak to the finder until after the first wish was made. But, since the.... incident, we've had to change some things. The thirteen wishes is to help prevent any more problems. If a wish a granted and the finder later regrets it, they can undue it with another wish," Gigi said.
"Did this incident deal with a girl named.... named Draculaura?" I asked. Gigi looked at me in surprise but nodded.
"How did you know?" Gigi asked.
"She was my mother."