Chapter Thirty-Three

Nicole's Point Of View

One Week Later

"You don't remember much, do you?" the detective, whom's name I had already forgotten, asked.
"Not really. It was over a month ago. I was kind of trying to not die at the time. I don't remember every detail of those kids that beat me and dumped me in acid," I said bitterly.
"All right. I'm sorry. I'm not exactly used to this kind of case," she said softly.
"I suggest asking someone else. I really only remember a lot of kids crammed in one room because they hated me and wanted me to die. If you ask me, it's not a situation I wanted to try and remember," I said.
"I'll talk to some people. We will figure out each and every one of those kids," she said as she rose to her feet.
"You won't. There were ninety of them. Good luck," I said.
"Nicole, you-"
"Goodbye, Detective Morey," my dad said. I crossed my arms over my chest and smiled. She sighed and walked out of the house. "You don't have to answer anything she asks you. You know that, right?" he asked.
I nodded. "I know. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do, exactly," I said quietly.
"Don't worry about it, sweet pea. We'll figure it out," he said.

Two Months Later (Christmas Eve)

"Hey, Gigi?" I asked.
"Yes, Nicole?"
"If I make three, really big wishes... will they count for the rest of the wishes I have left?" I asked.
"I guess that depends. How big are we talking?" Gigi asked.
I looked away from her and picked at the frayed edges of my jeans. "Life or death situations," I said.
"A-are you killing someone?" Gigi asked.
"No!" I shook my head. "Like, bringing someone back from the dead... or making sure someone will live... forever?" I asked.
"And it'll be three of these wishes?" Gigi asked.
"But they're the only three wishes I'm ever going to want," I said.
"I can make them count as every other wish, if you really want me to," Gigi said. I nodded. "First one?"
"I wish that Calvin was immortal," I said. "I wish that my daddy was immortal," I said. I drew in a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I wish for it to be like it was before everything happened. Like... A vampire, thus making her immortal," I said.
Gigi nodded slowly. "If that is what you wish, Finder," she said quietly. My room glowed with such a blinding pink light that I couldn't see for almost two minutes.