⋆ list of alternate universes

LIST OF ALTERNATE UNIVERSES

❝ EVEN THOUGH THIS WORLD IS NARROW, IT IS WIDE... TO THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND. THIS WORLD ISN'T THE ONLY ONE ❞

|

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE (also known as alternate reality), is commonly abbreviated as AU and it is a descriptor used to characterize fanworks which change one or more elements of the source work's canon. the term most often refers to fanfiction, but fanart can also depicted the characters in AUs.

unlike regular fanfiction, which generally remains within the boundaries of the canon set out by the author, alternate universe fiction writers like to explore the possibilities of pivotal changes made to characters' history, motivations, or environment.

-

ALIEN INVASION AU

– in which the story deals with an alien invasion when canonically it does not ever happened.

ALL HUMAN AU

– in which characters who are canonically non-human are now humans, with corresponding changes to their backstories.

ALPHA/BETA/OMEGA AU

– often referred to as A/B/O or even OMEGAVERSE. it is a growing trope of AUs in which characters can be alphas (dominant males or females), betas (ordinary working class), or omegas (submissive males or females).

ANDROID AU

– in which the main character or most of the cast are turn into androids that serve different purposes, such as bodyguard, solider, caregiver and so on. if not, they may have originally been human but turn into an android for whatever reason.

ANGEL/DEMON AU

– when angels and demons exist (in the case of canons that don't have them) or a character is recast as one of them. however, these kind of AUs don't necessarily have to have both beings in the story as some tend to focus on only one of them.

ARRANGED MARRIAGE AU

– similar to the marriage law AU, only the difference is that not all the characters are required to be married. it is mostly focused on only one pairing and it is usually a pairing that wouldn't normally get together such as crack ships or doomed ships. in some stories it is a plausible idea, but in others it is not.

BAKERY AU

– when most of the cast of a story works at a bakery while the rest are customers.

BDSM AU

– is when the entire cast is either a dominant or a submissive and BDSM relationships are considered the norm. be advised that while a healthy BDSM relationship is consensual and not dangerous, if handled incorrectly it can result in abusive behavior which is offensive and considered bad BDSM etiquette.