⋆ list of alternate universes ii.

❝ IN SOME OTHER LIFE WE ARE STANDING SIDE BY SIDE AND LAUGHING THAT, IN SOME OTHER LIFE WE ARE APART ❞

|

REINCARNATION AU

– in which stories with historical canon setting have the characters become reincarnated into a modern setting and in doing so they are quite similar to their canon selves.

REVERSE AU

– is when the roles (and sometimes backstories) of the characters are swapped, such as the hero is the villain and the villain is the hero.

ROCKSTAR AU

– in which the main casts is a popular music band or one of them is a solo artists with many groupies which may consist the rest of the characters.

ROOMMATE AU

– in which the characters in a fandom are all living together in an apartment or an house. usually this kind of story is focused on two characters that become roommates.

ROYALTY AU

– where one or more characters (who canonically aren't) are members of a royal family. this usually goes hand in hand with a historical period, featuring a medieval AU or regency AU, although some works are set in modern times or even the future.

SINGLE PARENT AU

– in which a character has a child or becomes a parent in someway and raises them on their own.

SOULMATES AU

– is when two (or more) characters are fated to be together, sometimes through multiple lives and/or into the afterlife. sometimes but not always, the pairing might have a characteristic or tell to help them find each other, such as identical or complementary birthmarks, tattoos, scars, or an invisible string that ties to their other half which becomes thicker and shorter the closer they get to them. some stories only need a character to hear (or just see) their soulmate to know who they are.

SPACE AU

– where a fandom that is canonically set on earth becomes set in outer space.

SPY AU

– also known as secret agent AU or espionage AU. the whole cast is turned into spies, sometimes they work for the same organization, government or they operate independently. other times the AU is focused on only one or two characters that are the spies.

SUPERPOWERS AU

– in which the characters have superpowers and are either heroes and/or villains.

STEAMPUNK AU

– in which a story is turned into a futuristic/sci-fi version of a 19th century, usually victorian or edwardian containing clocks, gears, springs, steam power, analog computers, airships, etc.

VAMPIRE/WEREWOLF AU

– in which vampires and werewolves exist (in the case of canons that don't have them) or a character is recast as a vampire or werewolf. however, these kind of AUs don't necessarily have to have both species as some tend to focus on only one kind.

VICTORIAN AU

– in which characters from a modern or future-set story are relocate to a stereotypical victorian romanticism era.

WESTERN AU

– in which the characters are transplanted into the "old west"; or sometimes, especially in science fiction stories a space western equivalent, which may involve a western-type plot without horses and cattle ranches.

WONDERLAND AU

– in which the story and the characters are turned into their own version of "alice in wonderland".

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE AU

– also know as zombie AU. in which stories that don't contain an zombie apocalypse have it happen to them.

( taken from tumblr via ghostflowerdreams )

+

this isn't the complete list, but if i stumble across more AUs i'll add another part woo

hope this helped !