Chpt. 17

A black familiar car stopped in front of me. The sky was getting darker and I saw a tall figure stepping out of the car. He leaned forward and watched me with a smirk.

"Wow." Is all he said. He opened the passenger's door for me to go in.

I blinked a few times before I realized who stood in front of me.

"Kai?" I said surprised. "You..." I looked at his grey expensive suit he wore along with a black buttoned shirt and a big Rolex around his wrist.

"I told you that I work as the assistant of a secretary right?" He said still smirking and admiring my features while I stepped closer.

"Yes but not that you are the assistant of the secretary of the president of the greatest company!" I said overhasty.

He laughed and I suddenly blushed when I saw his gaze was still resting on me in a lovely way.

I stopped talking and looked down.

"You look handsome." I said shyly and quickly got in the car.

//

During the car ride we talked about the coworkers at the company which I met. We laughed a lot but then...

He had to ask, right?

"Did you already meet President Im?" He asked his gaze fixed on the road.

My body stiffened at his question but I tried not to show him any sign of uneasiness.

"N-No I didn't have the honor yet." I tried to joke and laughed it off.

"Okay then I'll introduce you to him later." He said with a smile.

I felt a bang in my heart.
My eyes widened and I felt my muscles tensing.

Suddenly my throat felt dry and I started to sweat.

"Are you okay?" Kai looked at me worried. "Your face is pale." He said and parked the car.

"I-I'm just nervous... to meet the head of the company." I said and gulped. The corner of my lips trembling I still tried to smile.

"You don't have to. I'll be by your side." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.

I know I should feel more safe but I don't.

My past...
That chapter of my life feels like it isn't completed and meeting JaeBum is too early. I didn't even clearify that shit about the picture!

Chanyeol came back to my mind.

'I have to talk to him later about that again.'

Kai opened the car door for me and we stood in front of a huge mansion.

"The party at the backyard." Kai handed the keys to one of the waiters and he parked the car while we walked to the backyard.

"No need to be nervous." He whispered to my ear and hugged my waist. We entered threw the white gate.

Oh if he only knew why I am nervous...