Chpt. 29

It's okay, it's over now.

It's okay for me, it's okay for him.

The work trip was successful. Lee signed the contract and everything was fine.

Namjoon gave me his number before leaving and we talked a bit before he had to leave.

He confessed that he wanted to butt in and prevent that Lee signs the contract with our company but he changed his mind because he didn't want to harm me in any way.

We came back really late and JaeMin picked me up from the airport.

I didn't talk to JaeBum since then but...

I opened the box he threw to my feet again. This big diamond ring... It was what I've always wanted. What I've always dreamed of.

Why am I feeling like this? Why am I so confused? Why do I feel like... I've never stopped loving him? Why can't I let him go?

I sighed.

After JaeBum and I talked, I feel worse. Now he gave me the proof that he doesn't love me anymore.

I am not even sure myself if my feelings are real or if it's... I don't know, I am so confused!

"I can't believe it!!!!!" She screamed yanking the car.

"Are you trying to kill us?!" I yelled as I held tight on to the seat.

"I can't believe he wanted to marry you!" She squealed still swaying the car from side to side.

"Okay seriously stop!" My nails digged into the seat and my whole body tensed.

JaeMin squealed in excitement and apologized turning back to drive normal.
After she stopped giggling the car ride was silent, giving me the time to get lost in my thoughts while staring out of the window.

It was already midnight.

He was my happiness. Now that I met him again... even tough he is only my boss... I can't believe that I was able to stay apart from him for so long. I've missed him... I've missed him so much... but I can't turn back time. I have to go on the same way he did.

"And? How do you feel about him?" She suddenly asked in a low voice. Her gaze was fixed on the dark road.

"I have a bad feeling..." I mumbled and nervously played with my fingers staring down on them.

"What do you mean?" She asked softly.

"I think I still love him." I confessed.

"OHHH MYYY!!!" She squealed again. "We will make him fall in love with you again!" She laughed loudly like a psycho while swaying the car from side to side. My eyes widened in fear. She is definitely crazy. How come I never noticed?!

"No thanks he is not the type to fall for someone easily." I said after I got out of the shock.

"I am sure deep inside his heart he still has feelings for you. He still loves you too even though he doesn't admit it." She said confidently.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and rested my head on the cold window.

'She wasn't there. She didn't hear his derogatory tone and his eyes burning with hate.'

JaeMin decided to stay at my place because she was way too tired to drive home alone this late.

We lay in my bed with our backs turned to each other. Too many thoughts in my head made it impossible to fall asleep though I was exhausted and tired as hell.