Chpt. 20

JiWon P.O.V.

/kling kling/

A tall figure opened the door.

"JaeBum?" I saw him entering the coffee shop and quickly walked towards him greeting him with a huge smile but it quickly faded when I saw his tired eyes.

I didn't expect to see him here, he was supposed to be still abroad.

On the one side I was so happy to see him but on the other side...

I knew that I was going to hear bad news.

"Hello JiWon." He said unimpressed and took his order.

"Since when are you back?" I tried to shake the bad feeling off. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Since several months." He yawned. "I had a lot to do."

"That has to mean that everything went good? Did your plans work out?" I asked excited.

"Yeah... yes they did somehow. The company is fine. We are currently trying to build up here again that's why I am so busy these days."

I tried to change the topic to make his mood rise up again.

"You must've been happy to finally meet SunHi again." I said with a weak smile.

He scoffed what made me frown.
"Did something happen?" I asked getting more serious. My good vibes were long gone.

He shook his head and chuckled sarcastically.
"Yes it did." He looked down and clenched his hand making the coffee spill. Angrily he threw it into the trash without taking a single sip. Then he stormed out of he store with me following him.

I knew him since we were young but I never saw him that angry and hurt. His eyes were never that dark.

My jaw dropped open and my eyes widened as I saw a tear running down his cheek.

'D-Did I see right?'

I grabbed his arm and forced him to look at me. My heart broke into pieces as I saw his teary eyes.

"I will never forgive this bitch!"

These were the final words I shouted.

She made him cry. I never saw him cry so pitiful like this. He was always strong and protected me. Now it's my turn to protect him.

All his efforts trying to calm me down were useless. I was determined to destroy her the same way she did to my beloved JaeBum.

Don't get me wrong I only love him as a brother. As a big brother who was always there for me in hard times.

Besides I already had a boyfriend which I loved more than everything. But it didn't turn out the way I expected....

"JaeBum stop!" I hurried after him and grabbed his arm. He finally stopped so that I had the chance to catch my breath.

The cold breeze outside made me relax.

"Find out what kind of relationship Kai and SunHi have." He said with gritted teeth.

Confused I tried to speak up but he ignored me and walked away.