⇢ Chapter 2

I began to gain my consciousness back again as I opened my eyes.

My head ached from the blood loss and the pain that filled my whole body.

I whimpered remembering the state I was in, as I still laid lifelessly on the snowy ground where traumatising events took place.

I laid still for a couple of minutes, getting used to the pain and carefully began lifting myself with my elbows to get a better view of the damage done to my body by the wolves.

I gasped as I looked down at the amount of blood that covered me and the snow below me. Previous scars had been reopened, harsh bruises were everywhere and many deep cuts and wolf bites tore up my black clothing.

It could have been a lot worse..

I attempted to move my legs to get myself up before I freeze to death, but my body instantly rejected and pain shot through my leg as I screamed and squinted my eyes in pain.

So this is how I'm going to die..

Since I wasn't a werewolf anymore, I felt like I wasn't myself without my extra hearing, smelling or strength. I felt like a completely different, weak person. This wasn't how I wanted my revenge to end.

Tears began forming in the corners of my eyes as I looked up at the grey, cloudy sky above, the winter air flowing in my bloody, black hair.

"Heh, so this is how it ends for you." Said an unfamiliar voice from behind me.

I gasped at the sudden voice and whipped my head around to inspect who it was, but instantly groaned in pain again from the sudden movement.

I opened my eyes again as I got used to the pain in my neck but saw no one. Am I hearing things? Is my brain mocking my failure?

"Up here, genius." The same voice cockily said.

I followed the voice up a tree and saw a black figure, the leaves and shadows of the trees covering it's face.

"Who are you!?" I questioned at the stranger who claims to have been watching me.

"Well, we've met before, we go far back." The stranger laughed and hoped off the tree, landing on his feet.

The stranger began walking closer to my limp body, and out of the shadows until the moonlight was shining on his face.

He looked up from the ground and met eyes with me.

"Any idea who I am?" The stranger asked.

I closely inspected his orange coloured eyes and pale skin. If I had my werewolf eyes, this would be much easier.

"No..." I simply replied.

"Maybe this will help." He said and pulled down the white hood and cape he had on.

I gasped as I saw orange hair and ears spring free from under the hoodie.

I observed his dark orange tail and it all added up.

"Kai....." I answered as I remember being in competition with him in Highschool before I was arrested and forced to go to a military school.

Kai was much like me, we both loved a girl called Aphmau in highschool. At least, I thought he loved her, until he broke her heart. He just didn't know how lucky he was to have a chance with her and he blew it. I envied him until then. Because I only wanted Aphmau to myself. I was so determined, but all my plans failed, especially this one.