⇢ Chapter 3

Ein's P.O.V

"I wanna see him!"

"Please!"

"Let us see him!"

"It's been so long!"

"Is he okay?"

"Let us peak!"

My eyes fluttered open as I heard the sound of talking nearby.

Once my eyes adjusted to the sun shining through the small window, causing a golden glow in the room, I carefully lifted myself up onto my elbows, surprised to feel barely any pain.

I frowned and curiously looked down at my body. It no longer was torn and covered in blood. My deep cuts and wounds were now bandaged and I was wearing a black long-sleeved top and soft, grey sweatpants.

I felt refreshed and way better than last night.

Wait... Last night?? Kai!

Last thing I remembered was being taken by Kai back to his shelter, now I'm here? All aided and plastered up?

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around the room I was in. I was lying down on a small bed, in a little wooden room. The walls were covered in dust and old newspapers. I looked to my side and saw a bowl of nicely-cut oranges and a large glass of water on a wooden table.

Is this for me?

I studied the room once again and began lifting myself off the small bed until my legs dangled over the edge.

I smiled to myself knowing that someone cared for me enough to this, although I had caused so much pain to not only myself but other people.

I suddenly felt my stomach growl and looked over at the fresh oranges beside me.

I hesitantly took a small orange piece and put it to my lips. I felt like I haven't eaten something decent in so long. The only thing that was available to eat around here was the half-rotten fruits that were growing on trees. But then again, it was winter.

I took a bite from the orange and was satisfied with the taste. I loved oranges. I always have. I remember my auntie would always make me a bowl of oranges after soccer practise when I was little.

I signed at the memories and decided to try and walk.

I carefully lifted myself off the bed, placing down the orange peel into the bowl and steadily walked across the room, wobbling a little every now and then.

Luckily I could still walk. I'm grateful that the werewolves didn't break my bones or dig too deep.

Since I was across the room and against a dusty, wooden wall, I decided the look around further and inspect the newspapers that almost covered the whole wall.

What I saw shocked me.

The front covers of every newspaper mentioned Kai in some way.

My eyes widened as I read the title carefully

'Orange Meif'wa breaks into yet another store!'

'White-caped person attacks a human in a children's park!'

'Another mysterious robbery takes place'

'Meif'wolfs back at it again!'

'Meif'wa and two werewolves steal valuable items from a jewellery store!'

'Kai Abadeer attempts to break into a local prison!'

I gasped as I saw the last one. A local prison?