⇢ Chapter 8

Ein's P.O.V

-

"Guys! We're back!" Kai shouted as he opened the front door to the cottage, in which we just arrived at.

Part of me was glad to be back, since it was so cold.

But another part of me wanted to go back, since it felt so relieving to be able to tell Kai everything.

"Finally! We thought you guys died out there!" Ryder joked and got up from his place on the sofa.

"Well, we didn't want you two to try and make yourselves lunch" Kai smiled

"I'm glad you stayed alive for the sake of our hunger" Jax interrupted and stood next to Ryder.

"Nah, I'd say I'm more concerned for the safety of our house" Kai said, resulting in Ryder throwing a shoe at Kai, who quickly dodged it.

"DAMN YOUR CAT REFLEXES" Ryder yelled and got up from the sofa.

"Are you kidding? That was a terrible throw!" Kai laughed and walked over to the kitchen area.

"So... What would you guys like for lunch?" Kai questioned and eyed the three of us.

"FISH!" Jax shouted. "I SECOND THAT!" Ryder added.

"Okay, fish for you two... What about you, Ein?" Kai asked and looked over at me, who was still awkwardly standing at the doorway.

"Actually....Would you mind if I took a shower? D-do you guys have one?" I asked shyly. Was that rude? Dammit. I just felt unclean...

"Of course we do! Do you think we bathe in snow or something?" Kai laughed and started walking towards the hallway. "Follow me, I'll show you where it is" Kai smiled and motioned for me to follow him.

I smiled and nodded at him before starting to follow his lead.

After we passed a few rooms in the hallway that appeared completely empty and dark inside, we arrived at a lighter room.

"Here's the bathroom. It's got everything you need, shampoo, conditioner, soap, moisturiser, and even shaving gel." Kai smiled and pointed to each object that was either hanging on a rack on in the showering area.

I will admit, I was quite amazed that they had all of these resources. How on earth did they get them all the way out here? By that I mean, the middle of the forest.

"Wow, thanks! How do you guys have all of these things?" I asked

"Heh, it is quite a long story; but to shorten things out, when we ran into the forest to escape approaching police officers and built this cottage, we realised we wouldn't be able to live without daily resources. We couldn't just make everything out of natural objects. So every five months, one of us takes a trip back to the closest local stores to get everything we need." Kai finished and smiled once again.

"Y-You guys have the money to buy everything?" I asked in astonishment.

Kai started laughing in return.

"Of course not! We have no money at all!" Kai said when his laughing died down.

By this time, I was super confused.

"Then how would you be able to get everything? Are they free?" I asked again. Was I being too curious?

"We steal it all. We wait until night falls, then we to in and take what we need without being seen by any cameras. I'm honestly surprised they haven't shut that place down with the amount of times we've broken in." Kai stated and scratched his neck.