⇢ Chapter 7

Kai's P.O.V

"I don't know how I manage to put up with them" I signed as I shut our wooden front door

Ein laughed nervously and adjusted the coat around his shoulders.

"Aren't you going to put that on? It's really cold out here" I eyed him and his coat.

"O-Oh, right!" Ein stuttered and properly put the coat on himself.

I shook my head and laughed "Ready to go? I normally just go to the pond nearby, it's where I usually like to go to get some peace from this loud house" I laughed again

"Y-Yeah! Is that where you catch your fish?" Ein questioned as he began following close behind me deeper into the snowy forest.

"Yep, there's lots of fish species lurking in there" I smiled back at him

"A lot of other animals hang around the pond as well, to get water I suppose." I added.

"Hmm" Ein nodded

The rest of the walk remained fairly silent. I'd say it was more of an uncomfortable sort of silent.

"Well, here we are" I broke the silence and stopped infront of a half-frozen lake.

"Wow! It's bigger than I pictured it" Ein said and looked at the lake as the shining sun reflected on the ice.

"Heh, well I did tell you lots of fish species lived here" I laughed and pulled him closer to the lake and sat him down next to me.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Ein started and starred at the shining ice.

"Yeah, it's always like this when the sun sets or rises, we should come back here tonight to see the sun setting." I smiled over at him.

"I'd like that," He smiled back

"It's been a while since I last saw the sun set" Ein said, his eyes softening a little.

"Ein.." I put my hand on his back.

"Y-Yeah?" He answered and looked over at me.

"I know this might be too early to ask, and I swear you don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable but," I started, he raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"Would you mind telling me what happened? In your dream, I mean." I asked

Ein looked taken back as he looked down at his lap.

"Y-You don't have to tell me! I just want to help you.." I said to him.

"Sadly nothing can really fix how they died..." Ein said, tears prickling in the corners of his eyes.

"B-But I'll tell you, just because I trust you.." Ein said, but refused to look at me.

"You don't have to, really, It's just Jax and Ryder only told me that they.. Passed away... And judging from your dream last night, I imagine it was hard for you." I said, trying to make this less awkward.

"I actually never even told Jax and Ryder how they died either. I kept it a secret to everyone. Only my auntie knew.." Ein replied and took a deep breath.