Chapter 37- a finicky connection

(Narrator)

After the boys were done at the water park, they packed up their stuff and left.

When they got back home, Matt let out a shrill shriek .

(No P.O.V)

"Rocky!! NOOOO!" Matt cried out.

The others were bewildered.

"Matt, what's wrong?" Edd and Tord asked in unison.

Tom stayed silent.

"We didn't feed rocky before we left." Matt said beginning to cry.

"Matt....it's a fucking rock." Tom said with no sympathy.

"Tom! Could you at least be nice and show some sympathy?" Tord shot at him

"..I'm sorry Matt...but you stupid rock has been dead for years." Tom said with no expression. Matt's eyes were filled with tears.

"Tom! Come here." Tord said dragging Tom to the other room. (The kitchen)

"What's the matter with you?" Tord asked frowning a little.

"Its a stupid rock." Tom said again

"Well, to Matt it's real." Tord said with slight anger in his voice. "Why the hell are you talking like this! He's your friend! He's our friend." Tord said calming down.

"MAYBE I don't want to be his friends." Tom said with annoyance.

"Tom, I don't understand you sometimes. Sometimes I don't even understand why I love you. You need to leave and cool off somewhere else." Tord said backing away a little.

"Go!" Tord said pointing at the doorway in the other room.

"Come back when you're not being such an ass." Tord left the kitchen and went into the other room.

Tom slowly walked out of the kitchen and headed for the door.

He looked back at his friends who were trying to cheer up Matt.

"Matt, I could make you a cake and we can bury Rocky in the backyard, how's that sound?" Edd asked. Matt nodded, agreeing to his offer.

Tom opened the door and left, closing it behind him.

(Narrator)

When will Tom return, will he even return? Until next time.