three

jc led me into his room, where i set my stuff down on the floor. jc's bed was against the wall closest to the door. there was an open space next to a window where i assumed my bed would go. (dunno what jc's room looks like soz) jc had a brown wood desk with an apple desktop computer, a walk in closet connected to the wall, and clothes strewn all over the floor. 

"nice room." i complimented.

"thanks. so, i guess we can put your bed by that window. just put your stuff wherever for now. make yourself cozy. i'll be right back." jc left the room, going downstairs to talk to everyone. i fell back onto his bed and sighed in content. home sweet home. my roommates so far weren't assholes, my brother was here, i had a sick house and room. what more could a girl ask for? a cheesy romance? it all seemed too good to be true.

i decided i should probably facetime my mom. i grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and opened facetime. 

call: mom

connecting....

"hi honey!" my mom greeted, the camera immediately pointed at her smiling face.

"hey mom! i arrived in la okay, i'm back at jc's house. it's so amazing mom. i wish you were here."

"i'll visit eventually." 

"you better. anyway, i'm going to go change and head downstairs to get to know jc's roommates. love you mom!"

i hung up the call and got up to change, opening my suitcase and picking the first outfit i saw, a cropped hoodie that said adidas and ripped skinny jeans. i shut the door to jc's room, quickly changing. i was almost done changing when i heard someone knock. 

"yeah?" i called.

jc responded, "hey we decided to all play a get to know each other game, can you come downstairs?"

"one sec, i'm changing real quick. i'll be down in a minute." 

"aight."

i pulled my hoodie on and unlocked the door, heading downstairs.

"ayyy! there she is!" jc called.

i did a small curtsey and sat with everyone in the living room.

"so, what are we doing?" i asked.

"well, we decided to play a game where we basically just ask each other questions to all get to know each other better, good idea?" kian asked.

"nice, sounds fun. i vote jc goes first, though." i said, giving jc a smile.

"okay. cassidy, how many flirtatious rendezvous did you have while back in san antonio?" jc questioned, returning my smirk.

"ooh snap.." corey whispered.

i scoffed. "zero. sorry to disappoint you in thinking you had blackmail against me." 

"oooohhhhh! burn." all the boys called, while franny sat back and laughed.

i shifted in my seat, realizing i probably sounded like a complete loser in front of jc's roommates.

jc smiled. "good. i'm happy with that, actually. stay away from boys." jc lifted his head in triumph.

i rolled my eyes for probably the 100th time since i arrived in la. "whatever, my turn next i guess. kia-"

"hey, i'm back from the store guys." a voice, with a british accent interrupted. "jc, has your sister arrived? oh- shit." 

i turned around to look at whoever had just returned from the store. it was a guy, maybe my age. he was tall, with thick, wavy brown hair.

"um. hello, i'm harrison. and you are.. cassidy i'm assuming?" harrison stammered, dropping the bags he brought inside onto the counter. "was not aware you were my age." he mumbled.

"yeah, that's me. and also, yeah. i'm 19. what, did you think i was 5?" i questioned. who was this guy to come into this house and assume i was a little kid or something?

"um, no. i just, i don't know. jc. may i speak to you for a second?" harrison stammered again in his accent, which i would not be swayed with.

"yeah, sure man. one second, cas." jc stated while getting up from the couch and going upstairs with harrison.

"i don't want to sound rude but.. who the hell was that?" i asked, waiting for anyone in this room to answer. 

franny spoke up, "oh. i'm sorry. did jc not tell you about him beforehand? that was harrison, he's staying with us for a few months until he moves back to london. he's kind of our foreign exchange student best friend, you know?"

if harrison was living with us for a few months, why wouldn't jc tell me about it? "um. why wouldn't jc tell me? is harrison some mysterious person? and why did he think i was some little kid?"

everyone exchanged glances. "maybe jc thought it was irrelevant?" bobby suggested.

"yeah, i'm sure it's no big deal." corey piped in.

i looked at everyone and shrugged. "i don't know. it better not be a big deal. i don't want to get in a fight with jc already, we fought a lot back home but.. i don't know. i thought we were over all the drama." i huffed. 

"i know how you feel. i have 4 siblings, we all fight from time to time. it'll be fine." kian assured.

franny tried to lighten the mood, "well, how about we just continue the game? without jc?" 

"good idea, fran." bobby replied, smiling at her.

"alright, i guess."

i changed the name to cassidy whoops whaddya gonna do about it