five

the next morning i was awoken to an abrupt knocking on jc and i's bedroom door. i rolled over on my side so i was facing the door and turned my phone on, checking the time. i groaned, realizing it was about 5:00 in the morning. "it's 5 am, what?" i called, my voice groggy.

"may i come in? it's harrison." a voice asked through the door.

my arms immediately flew across my chest. shit. i needed to put on decent clothes.

"one second please?" i jumped out of bed and threw on a yellow oversized hoodie and shorts.

i walked to the door, checking to see if jc was still in bed. his bed was empty, yet unmade and messy. i opened the door, revealing a very nervous looking harrison. "good morning," he greeted. "sorry to wake you. i owe you an apology, for being a shitty house greeter."

i rubbed my eyes, looking up at his face. "and you decided 5 in the morning was a good time?"

"follow me, i bet jc hasn't showed you this yet." he said, walking into the middle room which was connecting to everyone elses bedrooms. "okay, we're going into kian's room. don't ask, just be as silent as possible."

i actually think this man is insane. nevertheless, i decided to follow him anyway. 

we entered kian's room, where there were also two beds. harrison walked out to the porch, opening the sliding glass door as quietly as possible. i followed, trying to be silent. harrison jumped up on the ridge of the porch.

i quickly shut the porch door and looked up at him. "you're actually crazy." 

harrison held out his hand, "take my hand."

i shook my head. "no way, josé. i am not dying today." 

he just looked at me for a moment, still holding his hand out. "trust me, please? we're going to miss the sun rise."

i looked him in the eyes for a second and decided to trust him. hesitantly, i took his hand, lacing our fingers together, and jumped up on the ledge beside him. he slowly and carefully walked around the corner of the ledge, reaching the roof of the house. i followed suit, holding tightly onto his hand. from here, we could see everything. "wow." i whispered, looking all around me. 

"cool, right? jc's up here all the time. he was probably planning on showing you today. tell him i beat him to it." harrison boasted, smiling at me.

i let out a small laugh. "i'll tell him." 

"here," harrison tugged lightly on my hand, "if you look right over here you can see the hollywood sign." he said, bringing me over to a short wall at the edge of the roof. i leaned against the edge, looking straight ahead. like he said, there it was. the hollywood sign. 

i smiled to myself. "how'd i get so lucky?" 

i looked down, realizing harrison and i never really stopped holding hands. i looked up at his face. i never noticed, but he was pretty attractive. he noticed me staring and returned a look, smiling at me. 

"oh!" he exclaimed, fishing his phone out of his pocket and checking the time. "sweet, prepare your eyes for something beautiful."

he led me back over to the centre of the roof, where we just laid back on the floor of the roof and stared at the sky. it was nearly sunrise. the sky was glowing, a light blue overlapped by yellow and orange.

"yep, you were right. it is beautiful." i muttered.

"instagram material, am i right?" harrison joked.

i laughed, "definitely. by the way, about yesterday. have you not seen my instagram? since you assumed before i came that i was little..."

harrison ran his hands through his hair, letting go of my hand. my hand suddenly felt empty. "well, i never really got into stalking your social media's.. you know what i mean? part of it was i didn't even know you had social media. jc and i aren't extremely close, so i don't know about your guys' family and such. when he told me you were coming to stay, i assumed he meant a little sister. like a little little sister. so basically, i'm a dumbass for not asking more about you. or for stalking your social medias."

i nodded. "i understand. i shouldn't have gotten so mad at you." 

"nah, you had a right to be. my fault for not seeing you before now, who knew i was missing out on such a pretty girl." harrison complimented, making my face flush red.

"hah, thanks." 

i guess kian heard us as he approached, rubbing his hands over his face.

"mornin' sleepyhead." harrison greeted, earning an eye roll from kian.

"what the hell are you guys doing out here so early? it's so, like, early."

harrison and i laughed at kian's lack of vocabulary. "harrison woke me up at 5 in the morning to show me the sunrise." i answered.

kian walked over and laid down next to us, probably about to fall asleep. "oh, fun." he mumbled. 

i patted his head. "come on, go back in your room and sleep some more. i'm starving, i'm going to go down to the kitchen. is that alright, harrison?" 

harrison got up, holding out his hand to help lift me up. "come on kian." i encouraged.

"you guys go, i'm just going to sleep here." kian drawled, keeping his eyes closed.

"okay, goodnight then." i replied. 

harrison and i walked downstairs to the kitchen, where jc was making pancakes. 

"oh hell yes please get inside me." i whispered when i smelled the food.

jc laughed. "dang, straight to the point then?" he joked.

"oh i missed your cooking jc." i exclaimed, sitting at the table in the kitchen. harrison sat next to me and scrolled through his phone. 

"where's everyone else?" i asked. 

"pfft, usually everyone except for me is asleep past 1 in the afternoon." jc scoffed.

he walked over, setting a plate of pancakes in front of me. "your breakfast is served m'lady." jc addressed in a terrible fake accent. i could just feel harrison roll his eyes.

"oh, how i love you." i whispered, staring at my plate.

so far, la was going great.