eight

the next morning i woke up to more knocking. i don't know if i can live like this. i rolled over in discomfort. i had fallen asleep in all my clothes from the previous day. i got up to open the door and tripped over something on jc's messy floor. i fell to the ground, yelping. i'm guessing the loud thud gave the obnoxious door knocker permission to come in. i groaned in pain.

"cassidy! are you alright?" oh great. the obnoxious door knocker was harrison. typical.

"peachy." i mumbled, holding out my hand for him to take. he took my hand, helping me up. i pushed my hair out of my face, looking at him. harrison was wearing adidas joggers and a t-shirt, and his hair was tousled all over his head. he gave me an awkward smile.

"good morning? or decent morning?" he joked. he ran his hand through his hair which i had to admit was a bit attractive.

i didn't respond. "not to be rude or anything, but what is it this time?" i asked, brushing myself off.

his face went red. "um, i just wanted to watch the sunrise with you again. and get to know you some more."

now was my turn to blush. "oh sure, yeah, cool." i honestly couldn't be bothered to change so i decided to keep what i had on. "i'm ready, so, let's go."

we followed the same process as before, creeping through kian's room and hopping on top of the porch to the roof. the sun was already rising. it was beautiful as always. "so, what do you wanna know?" i inquired, sliding onto the ledge of the roof. i carefully shifted my legs, dangling them over the edge. i was sitting on the thick ledge, which could be dangerous but i didn't mind it. we were above the pool anyway. even if it was a couple hundred foot drop.

"what?" harrison asked, copying my movements and sitting next to me. 

i looked up at him, continuing. "you said you wanted to get to know me. what do you want to know?"

harrison looked down to the ground then back up at me. "nothing specific. i just want to get to know you in particular.. i have an idea, 21 questions?"

i scoffed. "okay, fuck boy."

his eyes widened. "no! i didn't mean it like that- it's just a good way to get to know people.."

i laughed at his reaction. "chill, i didn't mean it. i'm fine with 21 questions. you go first."

harrison looked down again, thinking of what to ask me. "when's your birthday?" he finally asked.

"i turned 19 last month. march 2nd." i answered. "do you have a girlfriend?" 

he shook his head, looking over the rooftops around us. "nope. single and ready to mingle." 

i nodded. "what about you?" he shifted, nonchalantly scooting closer to me. "do you have a boyfriend back in san antonio?" 

"no. i've never had an actual long relationship. i'm not exactly a girl that guys want to go after." i replied, mimicking harrison and looking down.

my hands were resting on the edge, lightly gripping the corner of the ledge. harrison brushed his pinky over my hand. "really?" he asked, sounding surprised. "i think you're lovely." 

my face went hot for the second time. "thank you, you're alright yourself." i looked to harrison, giving him a small smile. 

we continued going back and forth for awhile, nothing eventful happened until my stomach growled and totally killed the mood. we decided it'd be best to head downstairs and get something to eat. 

and oh, maybe i was starting to develop a crush. but it was nothing.