Ten.

tyler's pov

i laid there, until i heard a knock at the door and men screaming, "open up!" through all the pain, i got up and opened the door after throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

i opened the door to see two police officers.

"sir, are you matty healy?" one of the officers asked.

"n-no, i'm t-tyler jos-joseph. matty is my b-boy-boyfriend." i said, stuttering.

"can you step outside for a minute, tyler?" the other officer asked.

"y-yeah." i said, closing the door behind me.

"tyler, can we ask you something?" the officer said, looking at me with a sad smile.

"sure."

"does your boyfriend, matty healy, abuse you?" i suddenly looked down and they noticed.  "tyler, one of your neighbors called in because they heard screaming. the man that called in also said that you had wounds and bruises on your body."

"uhm," i was terrified. the voice in my head was telling me to save myself but i didn't want matty to go to jail because he would kill me. "y-yes, he d-d-does." i suddenly broke down into tears. "he, um, had s-sex with m-me without c-con-consent an hour ago and i-i just didn't k-know what to d-do."

"it's okay, tyler. we're gonna take him away." i smiled for the first time that night. "you won't ever have to worry about him hurting you again."

"r-really?" i asked

"yes. can you point me to the direction of your room?" the shorter of the two officers asked.

i nodded and brought them to my room. matty was still lying asleep. they pulled out their handcuffs and screamed.

"hands up now!" the taller one yelled.

matty woke up suddenly and put his hands up.

as the officers cuffed him he started yelling things like "ill get you back for this tyler" "ill fucking kill you." i just sat there in the corner afraid to say or do anything.

after the two officers got matty in the car, one of them came back to me. "hey, do you want someone here with you?"

"n-no, thank y-you. i think i'm g-gonna go to my f-friend josh's house. he's my neighbor and he's really nice to me."

"okay, tyler. stay alive." the officer said before leaving.

i grabbed my phone and charger and walked outside. my whole life i have been controlled by matty, and now i'm free. i walked over to josh's house and knocked on the door twice. he gave me a sad smile and hugged me tight.

"tyler," he said as he sounded like he was on the verge of tears. "why didn't you tell me? we could've gone to the police."

"y-you called them?" i asked, referring to the police that had just left. i stepped back a little.

"y-yeah, i did."

i hugged him tight and just whispered 'thank you' over and over again to him.

-

m🖤

6.12.17

word count: 532 words