Twenty.

tyler's pov

half way there my parents called me.

"tyler are you okay? what happened? are you hurt?" i heard my moms worried voice come through the phone as it played on speaker. josh chuckled as he heard my mother's voice.

"yeah, mom! i'm fine now."

"now?! what do you mean now?" my mom yelled in worry.

"my, um, car got stolen." before my mother could ask a number of questions, i continued talking. "it's okay though because josh came to get me and now we're on our way to your house!"

"oh, is josh staying here with us?" my mom, Kelly, asked.

"yeah, is that okay?" i asked.

"of course! oh my gosh, i finally get to meet this boy you talk so much abo-" at that point i had repeatedly tapped the speaker button so that my mom would shut up as fast as possible. after getting it off, i said goodbye to my mom and told her we would be there in about forty minutes or so.

after i hung up, josh shot me a look followed by a grin and a small laugh. my cheeks got all red and i looked down at my lap. josh then took one hand off the steering wheel and laced his fingers between mine, i smiled wide as he paid attention to the road.

🏳️‍🌈🤫🏳️‍🌈

we drove for about fourth five more minutes and we were there. josh took the keys out and smiled at me.

"ready?" he asked.

"yep!" i replied

we both stepped out of josh's car and then walked to the trunk to grab our bags. josh held mine for me, which i wasn't expecting. i shut the trunk as josh started walking to the door with the bags, i caught up to josh then took my bag back. after walking up the driveway, we found our way to the wooden door with the silver doorknob. i took a deep breath in, then knocked on the door. a few seconds later, my mom answered.

"Tyler!" my mother yelled, my father following a few steps behind.

"hey mom, hi dad!" i said back, opening my arms for an embrace.

"hello ty." my dad said before hugging me. "is this the boy?" my father said with a comforting smile, with a tear forming in his eye.

i shook my head 'yes.' in the blink of an eye, my parents were embracing josh into a hug because when they said 'the boy' they meant the boy that basically saved my life.

josh looked at me and smiled as he hugged them back. i placed my hand on his and gave it a squeeze for comfort.

-

m💛

12.24.17

word count: 549 words.

(a/n: i hope you guys liked this chapter. it took a lot to try to find the motivation to write it. i'm making a comeback though, don't worry. i'm gonna spend every free second i have to write during this christmas break. i love you so much, b)