Thirteen.

tyler's pov

'okay so josh is taking me on a date and i'm flipping out. he did say date, right? yeah. okay so what do i wear?' i thought.

i figured before i do anything i should take a shower. i undressed and got into the hot shower. eventually i was finished so i turned off the water and got out.

after entering my room, i walked to my closet and looked through my clothes. i immediately saw a cute outfit of mine and decided this was the one i wanted. i slipped my arms into the shirt and buttoned it and then put the jeans over my legs.

being that i still had bruises, i grabbed my makeup from my bag and carefully dabbed a bit under my eye. after i finished, i thought i looked pretty damn good so i grabbed my phone and took a mirror selfie. (picture below)

after finishing, i texted josh that i was on my way over

after finishing, i texted josh that i was on my way over. i grabbed my keys and walked out the door with a huge grin on my face. i slid my phone in my pocket and knocked on josh's door. after he opened the door, josh immediately looked up and down at me in my outfit.

"damn!" josh exclaimed as his jaw dropped.

my cheeks turned red and i smiled while running a hand through my hair. "t-thank you."

"so are you ready to go out to dinner?" josh asked me with a grin.

"yeah." i laughed.

josh and i both got in his car and turned on the green gentleman by panic! at the disco. we jammed out the whole ride there. when we pulled into a fancy restaurant i smiled but soon after, frowned because i immediately thought about how expensive it's gonna be.

"josh, i didn't bring that much money, how am i gonna afford this?" i half laughed but was also sort of worried.

"ty, you're not paying. i am!" he said before opening his car door and getting out before i could say another word about the bill. josh ran to the other side and opened my door for me, smiling as i got out.

"are you sur-" i began to ask before he put his index finger over my lips. only a second after he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the restaurant.

we sat down at a booth with dim lighting. throughout the whole night josh had me giggling and smiling for the first time since what happened with matty (a/n: otherwise known as the cunt.) when we were done with dinner, josh paid and we left to go to a "surprise destination" , that's what josh called it anyway.

after a few minutes josh and i reached a destination that seemed like a park. i had never been here before. it was getting dark but it was bright enough so that we could see a path and a playground.

"what are we doing here?" i asked.

"come on." josh said with a grin, and with that he got out of the car and ran to the passengers side door to open my door for me. after stepping out, i look down to see josh's hand out as a signal for me to hold it. grabbing onto it, i smile. we start walking along the moonlit path, still holding eachothers hands in a comfortable silence.

not long after, josh breaks the silence, "so, tyler joseph?"

"yes, joshua dun?" i answered in reply.

"how have you liked our date so far?" he asked, smiling.

"it's been amazing. better than anything i have ever done with matty." my face immediately set into a frown and josh noticed. just when he opened his mouth to talk, i cut him off. "i like being around you, josh."

"i like being around you too, ty."

i smiled and continued walking hand in hand with josh. i didn't want this night to end.

josh cleared his throat followed by him opening his mouth to speak, "so do you wanna hang out at my place? i have ice cream at my house." josh chuckled.

"lets go then!" i yelled and started running back to the car. josh caught up and grabbed me by my waist. after he got me, he through me over his shoulder and continued running again.

-

m🖤

8.20.17

word count: 731 words