► 04

I run my hand through my curled hair and sigh as my manager's assistant pulls up behind Hanbin and I's agreed destination for our date. We make eye contact in the rear view mirror and I can see the apologetic look in his eyes. I look back out my tinted window and take a breath. 

"Min Soojin?" The assistant starts. I look back at him. "Good luck on your date tonight."

I smile. "Thank you, Bang Hoseok." He nods his head and I take another breath. Then, I reach for the handle and slowly open the door, preparing myself for the night. I step out in my short golden dress and matching heels.

============

============

Suddenly, a woman around my age quietly runs up to me from around the side of the building. She bows and introduces herself. "Min Soojin, I'll be at your service tonight."

I smile and nod, bowing in return. "Thank you so much." I take one last look back at Hoseok in the car and he bows his head. I wave goodbye and silently thank him before following the woman toward a side entrance. To avoid being followed or attacked by fans, my manager had Hoseok drive me to the back of the building where no one would see me.

"My name is Soo Hyomin. If you need anything, I will be nearby at all times."

"Thank you, Hyomin."

She smiles back at me before opening the door. Electronic dance music flows out of the doorway and fills the alleyway. She gestures for me to go in first, so I slowly take a step inside. The club is a little cold and the music is way too loud. Colored strobe lights flash before me, making me freeze as I can't see where I'm going. Suddenly, a hand on my back pushes me forward. I peek over my shoulder to see Hyomin nodding her head, gesturing for me to continue walking. She guides me through the club until finally, we reach the bar area. The area is dimly lit with a purple glow.

Hyomin guides me to a seat at the bar before whispering to me, "Remember, I'll be nearby if you need anything."

I nod and take a seat, turning my attention to the bartender and ordering a lime cocktail. He makes the drink and slides it over to me, while I set the money on the counter for him. I take a sip of my cocktail and look down at the counter as the bartender takes the money before moving on to the next customer. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder. 

I quickly look up, expecting Hanbin to be there. Instead, I see a random older man grinning widely at me. I look at him questioningly as he takes the seat next to mine. His hand moves from my shoulder and brushes my arm before he rests it on the bar counter.

"Hello?" I start.

He leans in a little, staring into my eyes. "Hello, beautiful. What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?"

I grimace as the stench of alcohol drifts to my nose and I try to lean away. He moves closer. "Oh, I'm not alone."

He raises an eyebrow. "Really, I don't see anyone else here?"