► 14

I wake up feeling sore. My eyes try to adjust to the fluorescent lighting. Confused, I look around. Suddenly, I hear someone shift in their seat. I sit up a little and see Jooheon sitting in a chair to the right of me, seemingly napping. 

"Hey, you're awake." The voice comes from my left. I turn and find Hanbin sitting on the other side of my hospital bed.

Jooheon suddenly opens his eyes and looks at me. "Soojin...how are you feeling?"

I look at them confused. "I'm a little sore...why, what happened?"

"Well...you passed out while we were arguing. The doctor said it was likely from stress and dehydration. Your manager is on her way." Jooheon purses his lips as he stands next to my bed and starts pushing my hair back from my face.

"We didn't mean to stress you out, Soojin. I'm really sorry for the trouble I've caused," Hanbin sits forward in his seat, concern on his face.

I let out a small laugh. "You guys are fine. You didn't stress me."

"Yes, we did." Jooheon frowns down at me.

"No, I've been stressed about everything, don't worry. Today just sent me over the edge, is all. This has been building up."

The boys both look down, seemingly upset for their argument. Suddenly, the doctor walks in. "Oh, good afternoon there, Miss Min Soojin."

I smile as he grabs a blood pressure cuff and wraps it around my upper arm. "Good afternoon."

"I'm just going to take a few vitals, all right? We're going to make sure you're doing okay."

I nod. Then, I glance at Jooheon. "Wait, what time is it?"

"2:15 p.m., why?"

I smile at him sadly. "Joo, you have a flight to catch. You can go, okay? I'll be fine."

He looks at me, almost angry. "Are you crazy? I need to be here for you-"

"Joo. Go. This is important for you, okay?" I cut him off. "I'll be fine. If you stay, I'll only be more stressed about you missing this event. Besides, people will be suspicious about why you missed it."

He hesitates and lingers. "Soojin..."

"Jooheon, so help me, if you don't catch your plane I will get out of the bed and whoop your-"

He raises his hands in defeat. "Okay! Okay, I'm going, I'm going."

I smile. He gives me a small smile back and leans down to kiss me. "Have fun and be safe."

"I'll see you in a week."

I nod. "One week."

He kisses my forehead one last time before he leaves. The doctor takes my vitals while I wait for my angry manager to show up. I'm glad Jooheon left when he did because I didn't want him to chance a run-in with Hwayoung. After a little while more, she shows up. The doctor informs her of my condition and tells me that all I really need is more sleep and to drink lots of fluids. I agree with his treatments and before long, Hwayoung, Hanbin, and I are leaving the hospital.

"Well, now that that's over, have you heard the news, Soojin?"

I politely smile at Hwayoung. "Yes, I'm doing the awards show with Hanbin." 

She smiles widely. "Yes! This is so exciting. However, I bring more news. At the after party, IU would like to personally meet you!"

I widen my eyes in shock. "The IU?"

Hwayoung nods excitedly. "Yes! Her manager said that she requested to personally meet you! She wants to meet the nation's new little sister that's stealing hearts all around."