► 30

I walk into the hospital alone, heading to Jooheon's room. Hanbin and his manager stayed behind in the SUV while I decided to talk to Jooheon alone. I bite my lip, knowing that I had finally made my mind up. As I approach Jooheon's room, I hear two voices. I pause in the hallway, standing outside of his room, out of view.

"I know. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I'll pay for any costs and take any punishment necessary." I know the voice. Jihyun. 

I hear Jooheon sigh. "Don't worry. This can just stay between us."

"That's not necessary, I really will pay and face charges." She sounds surprised, as am I.

"It's okay, Jihyun. You can go. My only condition is that you never bother Soojin again, got it?"

"...I understand." Suddenly I hear footsteps and I take a step back as Jihyun comes into view. She stops as well, seemingly surprised that I was there. "Soojin."

I give her a small nod of my head. "Jihyun."

She sighs. "I will forever hate you, Min Soojin, for stealing the love of my life. But I care so much for him and all I've ever wanted was for him to be happy." Tears begin to stream down her face. "You do that for him. He's the happiest I've ever seen him. So I have no choice but to give him up. Please take care of him and if you hurt him,  I will not hesitate to come for you."

I swallow, guilt weighing on my chest. "I understand."

She gives me a small nod before walking passed me, wiping at her eyes. I stare at the ground for a moment, collecting myself, before I head into his room. Jooheon watches as I walk in, his expression not changing. He knew I was coming. I feel my expression soften as our eyes meet. Sitting down in the chair beside his bed, I reach over hesitantly, grabbing his hand.

"Joo-"

"You love him."

I look at him confused, taken by surprise. "How did you...?"

He sighs and lets go of my hand. "I watched your talk show live." He swallows hard. "When she asked about loving him...maybe you didn't even realize it, but you were sincere. Everything you were saying, you truly felt. I could see it in your eyes, hear it in your voice."

I look down at the ground, holding my hands in my lap. "I love you too, Jooheon."

He's silent for a moment. "I know. But it's changed. Come here, come sit on my bed." He pats his hospital bed next to his legs. I obey and sit beside him. He reaches up, cupping my cheek with his hand. "We've known each other for a while, Soojin. Maybe at one point, we loved each other how you feel about Hanbin, but it's changed. But now...now we just care for each other."

I feel tears brimming my eyes. "I didn't want to believe it, I wanted to believe I was still in love with you..."

He gives me a sad smile. "I know. You'll always be my little Soojin, but not in the same way as before. I'll always care for you as someone I love. I'll always be your friend. But your heart is with Hanbin now. I want you to be happy. I want you to be with someone you truly love."

I bite my lip, looking down at my hands. Jooheon takes his hand away from my cheek, still smiling at me. I lean down, hugging him. He hesitantly hugs me back. "I hate that I have to let you go. But go get your man, Soo."

I pull away, the tears streaming down my face. I slowly stand up and nod, giving him a small smile. "See you soon, Jooheon."

He nods and smiles, waving to me. "I'll see you soon."

With that, I wave goodbye and run back to the entrance of the hospital. I smile as I see Hanbin waiting outside of the car for my return. The tears slide down my cheeks as I run out to greet him. He looks at me confused as I run to him, wrapping my arms tightly around him once I'm close enough. He hugs me back tightly, gently.

"What happened? Are you two...together?"

I smile and look up at him, the tears still spilling down my cheeks. He wipes away my tears, concerned, and I shake my head. "No, we're not. We both agreed that we were no longer in love."

His expression softens. "Is that so?"

I nod. "Yes. In fact, we both agreed that I was in love with someone else."

A smile creeps up onto his face as he raises an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? And who might that be?"

I laugh a little and grab his face, lightly pulling it down until he's level with my eyes. "You." I press my lips to his, his arms wrapped around my waist. He pulls me slightly closer as we kiss in front of the entrance of the hospital, both of our hearts pounding against each other.

After a moment, he breaks away. "I'm glad, because I love you, too, Min Soojin." With that, he pulls me in for another kiss, the weight on my chest feeling like it has finally been lifted.