► 21

I sit on the floor of my living room, staring up at the television screen in shock. I know Hanbin is talking to me, trying to get my attention, but all I see is Jooheon's face on the screen. Then, I see Hanbin and I flash across the screen. I see weeks, months of lies. I see Jooheon, sitting in some hotel room in Germany, watching the same news. I see him sitting there in shock, wondering whether I actually came forward or not. I see him calling me another four times, trying to figure out what's happening. And yet I sit there, in front of that screen, reading the same headline that I had read an hour earlier.

Monsta X's Jooheon Rumored To Be Dating Actress Min Soojin

Suddenly, Hanbin grabs my shoulder and I jump. He raises an eyebrow and looks down at me. "Soojin, you can't stay up all night watching this news. We're going to figure out the story with our managers tomorrow, okay?"

I shake my head slowly, trying to understand everything. "Everything is over, Hanbin...everything."

For the first time since I fainted and was rushed to the hospital, I see genuine worry on Hanbin's face. "Soo, what do you mean?"

I feel my heart flutter at the nickname, knowing it was what Jooheon called me all of the time. "Hanbin...Hwayoung is going to tear me apart for this. She probably already has her team doing research on Jooheon and I's relationship. We'll be done for, Hanbin. Done."

He kneels down beside me and cups my cheeks. "I won't let her tear you apart. Jinhyo will be there, too. He'll take care of the situation."

I just stare ahead, not knowing what to say. I know I have to answer texts and calls, I know I have to answer to the fans. But I am drained. I'm embarrassed and I'm hurt. And now all I want is my bed.

Hanbin lets go of my face. "Soojin, you really look exhausted. Let's just get you to bed, okay?"

I nod and he picks me up, one arm under my legs and the other under my back. He carries me to my bedroom, neither of us saying anything. Once we reach my room, he gently lies me down on the bed. I don't move, I let him do all of the work. I'm limp. He takes my blankets, and he covers me, tucking me in. 

"I'll swing by to pick you up around ten a.m., okay? Try to be ready by then."

I nod again. He watches me for a second before sighing, running a hand through his hair. "I'm really sorry this happened. I'm going to figure out what happened, okay?"

I come to my senses enough to say, "You don't have to worry about it, Hanbin. You don't have to feel sorry."

Then, just as I say my last couple of words, I doze off to sleep, my energy completely spent from the day. I think I hear Hanbin walk away, but I'm too far gone to know. Within a couple of minutes, I'm completely asleep and dreaming.

❀ ❀ ❀

The next morning, I hear my alarm go off around nine. Hanbin must have set it last night knowing I wouldn't be up in time. Sighing, I sit up in bed. The events of last night never left my mind, not even in my sleep. I still feel exhausted, but I push my blankets away. Then, I step out of bed, making my way into the bathroom.

I'm still in my dress from the party. Without a second thought, I unzip the back of the dress and let it fall to the ground. Hesitantly, I look up at the mirror. No surprise to me, I look like a mess. Flashbacks from the night before pop into my head.

As soon as I heard the news, my heart dropped. The tears started flowing and all I wanted to do was call Jooheon to make sure he was okay. I wanted to tell Hanbin what Jihyun had done. I wanted this whole thing to be over. But all I did was cry. I cried as Jinhyo drove Hanbin and I back to my apartment. I cried as Hanbin helped me up to my apartment, camera flashes appearing from every angle and Jinhyo trying to get them to back off. And I cried as I watched the news, showing our betrayal. The worst part was that for some reason, I felt guilty. I felt sorry towards Hanbin.