► 25

I rush into the emergency room with no shoes, trailed by Jackson. I breathe heavily as I run toward the front desk, asking them what room I could find Jooheon in. They hesitate to give me information at first, but after explaining who I was, they allowed me to go to his room. He wasn't in the intensive care unit, so he was at least allowed to have visitors. Jackson and I make our way to his room, my heart nearly beating through my chest.

"What happened?" I ask Jackson through gritted teeth, only a few feet from Jooheon's hospital room. We turn a corner and find his room on the right. I stop in the door frame as my eyes land on Jooheon's helpless body, my heart breaking even more.

Jackson shakes his head. "I don't know. His group members let me know what happened and asked that I find you."

I bite my lip, walking over to his bedside. I gently touch his shoulder. "Joo?"

His eyes slowly flutter open. At first he looks confused, then he gives me a small smile. "Hi, babe."

My heart sinks and I just stare down at him, my hand still on his shoulder. "What happened?"

"I'm going to let you guys talk," Jackson says and leaves the room.

Jooheon stares back at me, his eyes shining with admiration. He lifts his hand to cup my cheek and I close my eyes, not sure what to do. "I can't believe you came."

I open my eyes and look down at him, confused. "Why? Because we broke up? I still love you, Jooheon. Just because we're broken up doesn't mean I'm going to stop caring for you."

He smiles widely. "I love you, too."

I pull away from him and sit in the chair beside his bed. His eyes never leave me. "Joo, what happened?"

His smile falters a little. "There was an accident. I don't know what happened exactly, I was just crossing the street to my label's headquarters. This car came out of nowhere. I almost dodged it, but I kinda got side-swept. My leg is broken and my ribs are a little bruised, but nothing too serious."

"Are you kidding me? 'Nothing too serious.' Joo, you literally could have died. Have they found the person who did this?"

He shakes his head. "No. My label is reviewing footage from the security cameras around the building, but I don't think they've found anything yet."

I sigh. "When I find out who did it..."

He stares at me as I look down at the ground, fuming in my seat. He laughs a little and looks up at the ceiling. I look up at him, confused. "What's funny?"

He smiles over at me. "Your expression just now. It was like when we were younger and you would get angry. Your cheeks always puffed out a little and they would even get a little pink. It was always so cute. It still is."

"Joo..." I bite my lip and look down at the ground again, remembering IU and I's conversation. "Jooheon, I love you. But we can't be together anymore. At least not right now."

He sighs and nods slightly. "I figured you would say that eventually. I understand. I'm willing to wait."

Suddenly, another person enters the room. I look up to find some of his group members standing there. I stand up quickly, slightly nervous. "Ah, hello."

Kihyun steps forward a little before smiling cheerfully, his eyes lighting up. He walks over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Nice to see you again, Soojin. It's been awhile."

I bite my lip and hug him back briefly. "You too, Ki. It's been a little crazy back at my label."

He chuckles and releases me. "Ours, too."

Shownu steps forward after Kihyun and holds out his hand for me. "Good to see ya, kiddo." 

I smile and shake his hand. "You too, Shownu."

Finally, I turn to the last member. Changkyun. He gives a small smile and waves. "Hey."

I return the smile and give a small wave as well. "Hi, Changkyun."

The room is awkwardly silent for a moment before Kihyun speaks up. "Were you going to stay for awhile longer, Soojin?"

I glance back at Jooheon before turning back to them. "No, I was getting ready to leave. Thank you for taking such good care of Jooheon." I look back at Jooheon in bed again. "Take care while I'm gone. We'll talk soon."

He nods. Then, I smile and wave goodbye to the boys before walking passed them, leaving the room. I find Jackson waiting in the hall, texting someone. I walk over to him. "Are you going to go talk to him?"

Jackson glances up at me. "Yeah, I'm going in. I just needed to talk to someone real quick. Did you two have a nice talk?"

I shrug. "It was okay. We figured out what we needed to. I think."

He nods slowly. "That's good. And how's Hanbin?"

I look down at my feet. "I haven't talked to him."

"Trouble in paradise?"

I glare at Jackson. "There is no paradise."

I look back down at the ground and Jackson sighs before ruffling my hair. "I know that, Soojin. I'm only messing with you, don't look so serious."

I pout and step back to escape him. "Hey, stop that, stop ruffling my hair."

He chuckles. "Soo, go home and sleep. You look tired, you need rest."

"It's only eight, Jackson."

"That doesn't mean you can't rest for a little bit."

I smile and shake my head. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'll see you later, Jackson."

"See you, Soojin."

We wave goodbye to each other before I take my exit, leaving the hospital. I waited for a little bit before a taxi came to retrieve me. As I walk out to my taxi, it starts raining a little. I quickly get in and tell the driver where to take me. Suddenly, I get a text. I glance down and my heart drops again.

Incoming Message From Hanbin:

We need to talk.