► 11

A few people recognize us once we're in the cafe. A group of girls politely asks for both of our autographs while a shy boy hesitantly asks for mine. We do so with no problem and we even take a picture with the fans. I smile happily as Hanbin leads me over to the counter. While he looks at the menu, I think about how happy the fans were and how happy it made me feel to be recognized. Hanbin notices and smiles, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Basking in the fame?" he whispers.

"No! I mean...not really. It's just, that's the first time I've been asked for an autograph in public like that. I thought I was still a nobody in the business..."

Hanbin laughs. "Soojin, my manager didn't request me to date you for nothing. If it had been someone else, my manager probably would have turned away the request from your manager. But because it was you, he accepted with no difficulty."

"What? Really? Why?" I stare at him in disbelief.

"You're a rising star. Everyone is starting to fall for your charms. You're becoming the nation's little sister."

I shake my head. "Oh no, I don't want that. That's IU's job, that's too much for me."

He chuckles. The barista waits for our order and I realize that I didn't even think about what I wanted. Hanbin orders a croissant and cappuccino. I look over the menu and decide to order a mocha with a small salad. Hanbin pays for the food and we sit over by a window. A few paparazzi take photos from across the street while we eat. 

I focus on my salad and try to avoid the cameras. Hanbin sighs. "It really does get tiring, doesn't it?"

"Hm?" I look at him. 

"I get that we have to do this for publicity, but I'm starting to get worn out by all of the photography. I'll be walking into my company's building and paparazzi will come up to me asking where you are and if we have any plans in the next few days, all the while cameras are flashing in my face. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't famous for these reasons."

I nod in agreement then I ask, "Wait, they come up to you to ask about me?"

He nods. "Yeah, all of the time now. It's gotten especially bad in the last week."

I look down at my salad sadly and take another bite. "I'm sorry. They haven't done that to me, but I agree that I'm tired of all the photography."

He smiles sadly and eats his croissant. We finish our coffees and food quickly to get out of the cafe. As soon as we're both done, Hanbin stands up. He grabs my bowl of salad and his plate. Then, he takes them over to a trash bin and throws them away. He turns to me. "Ready for the movie?"

I smile and nod, standing up with him. We link our arms as we walk back to the car. Unfortunately, Hanbin was serious about his radio rule, so he chooses a station. It plays a lot of music that I'm unfamiliar with, but surprisingly, it isn't bad. Finally, we arrive at the movie theater. He helps me out of the car and again, we link arms as we walk into the theater. 

"So, which of these movies are we seeing?" I ask.

He chuckles. "You're really curious, aren't you? You'll find out in a second."

We wait in line for a couple of minutes while a few families ahead of us order their tickets. As we get closer to the register, I look at the movie titles, curious about which one we'll be seeing. I notice that most of them are English movies with Korean subtitles. We could be seeing any of them.

Finally, it's our turn. I listen intently as Hanbin steps forward. He says, "Hi, I rented out the special theater."

The movie usher smiles widely and nods. "I just need confirmation of your identity."

He smiles widely and pulls out his wallet. Then, he flashes his ID to her. She nods and prints out a receipt. I watch in awe as she hands it to him and says, "You two enjoy your movie."

I look up at him with wide eyes as he leads me down the hall of theaters, smirking. Then, he glances down at my expression and chuckles. The awe-struck moment passes and then I'm filled with annoyance, so I glare up at him, making him laugh more. "You said I would find out in a second."

He nods as we walk towards the end of the hall. "I didn't tell you which second."

I huff until finally, we stop at the last theater, Theater 12. I look for any signs of what movie is playing. There are no clues. Hanbin leads me into the theater, which is completely empty. "Wait, you really rented out the whole theater? How?"

"Jinhyo is a great manager. Anyways, feel free to sit anywhere."

I jump up and down, excited. "I've always wanted to do this." I run around the theater like a mad woman, excited that there's so much space and no awkward seating. I choose a seat at the front of the theater. 

Hanbin raises an eyebrow. "Good luck."

I look back at him, frightened, as he takes a seat near the center. "Why? Is it a scary movie? Hanbin!"

He chuckles and watches the screen. I turn back and watch in fear, afraid of what movie might be showing. Then, the theater lights dim and the trailers end. The movie begins. I sink back in my seat. I'm confused by the beginning scene until I realize what movie it is. A Quiet Place