Masterpiece | The Realization

The amount of selflessness that Tawni had is what made her attractive. She could have let Harry be beaten half to death by those city slums but she didn't, instead she helped him and took him in her care. It was a form of respect and gratitude that Harry was starting to realize. Tawni was a gentle soul and Harry didn't understand why she would ever want a man like him. She deserved to live a normal life and not be dragged down by some maniac that is obsessed with the color red; Tawni deserved much better.

Having a way to communicate was something even better for the both of them. Now that Tawni knows sign she believes that it is a good start on their complicated friendship/relationship. He of course asked all the questions and she answered them all truthfully no matter how rude or bitter they were. Tawni could see that he is interested in her no matter how hard he tried to denies it. She could see it in his eyes that held a bit of sparkle for her. It made her heart flutter knowing that she makes a good impression on him.

It was unconventional but at the same time it wasn't a total big shocker. Harry wasn't necessarily a "people-person" after he was released from the asylum three years ago, and he didn't like being around people either when he was younger. The people in that institution drove him insane and he believed that all people were like those monsters. He hated being trapped for nine years because it killed him every single day. Even though everybody on the outside world was different that didn't mean that they were all the same, but Harry didn't believe in that one bit.

Then he comes to a conclusion at the end of the day; Tawni is different, he thought to himself in his dark studio apartment as he painted another picture that involved with the color red. His mind was all over place, but then again when is it not? The fact that Tawni wants to "socialize" with him makes Harry a but antsy. Yeah, he was smooth with the ladies for a couple of hours until he got what he wanted but that wasn't going to be happening was Tawni anytime soon. She is different from the rest of the women he has ever met.

Hanging his painting up he wiped a bit of sweat with his forearm and stared it for a while. Red was obviously the main color as well as the black streaks being smeared to the right. It was another sloppy painting of his brain and the black color represented the damaged part of him since he is quite unstable.

"I'm stable, no?" Harry wonders curiously.

No the fuck you're not, a voice laughed.

"How come?" He hummed.

You're insane, it spoke again.

Harry shook those thoughts away and walked to his small bathroom to wash his hands. The mirror had lots of red marking on it so he couldn't see his reflection. He always hallucinated when it came to mirrors and he hated the terrible images he saw so he allowed himself not look in the mirror at all.

It was about two am in the morning and Harry has been painting for a while now. He assumed that the air was quite cool outside so he decided that he would take a walk.

Slipping a black hoodie over his head he grabbed his keys and decided to walk out of his apartment. As he jogged down the stairs he had his head down so when he bumped into someone his head snapped up quickly but then his eyes immediately softened when he saw that it was Tawni.

"You tryna knock me over, no?" Harry scoffs.

She shook her head and made her gesture with her hands to apologize.

"What are you doing out here? It's late and you should be inside," Harry growled taking ahold of her arm.

Tawni snatched her arm away and signed, "You don't have to tell me what to do all the time."