Masterpiece | My Fear Is You

"Are you okay Tawni? You look sad," Veronica spoke gently as she took a seat across from her baby sister who was currently making some more jewelry for their store.

Tawni didn't say a word, she just keep adding beads to the tiny thread. She was so upset and she wasn't even in the mood today, and plus she hasn't never talked to her older sister either.

"You know you can talk to me Tawni," Veronica says sounding sincere. "I'll help you out if you need anything."

Tawni just shook her head with a huff. She wasn't mad at her sister for being concerned, it was her and her problems.

After yesterday Tawni has been feeling like utter shit. Chase slapped her and Harry probably hates her now. It all happened in one day and she didn't understand it had to happen to her. Why can't everything go right for once? Why can't she find happiness in her own life? It just doesn't make any sense and it really irritated her. She literally cried her eyes out in her bathtub and accidentally fell asleep in there too. Tawni was really sad and just overall pissed that she allowed her pride to get in between of what she had with Harry.

"Uhm..just let me know if you need anything, okay? We're sisters remember?" Veronica chuckles lightly trying to ease the tension.

Tawni just nodded, not even bothering to look up at her.

Veronica sighed and decided to leave her baby sister alone. She was always the concerned of her sister and her well being unlike Kaylee who just cared about herself. Veronica knew how hard it was for Tawni, and she just wanted to make everything easier for her sister.

"Kaylee? Can I talk to you outside?" Veronica asks her older sister in much sadness in her voice.

"Yeah, come on," Kaylee nodded and then they took a seat outside their jewelry store, they even had a vending machine and some tables there as well. Kaylee looked at her younger sister and frowned. "What's wrong?"

"It's Tawni," Veronica sighed. "She seems so sad."

"Isn't she always like that?" Kaylee asks confusingly.

"No..she looks really sad, you know? It's something about her and I just hope that everything is okay," Veronica sighs.

"Do you think Chase hit Tawni again?" Kaylee asks with worry.

Veronica grew highly upset at the mention of that lowlife piece of trash called her stepfather, "I swear to god if he did I'll—,"

"Excuse me," says a deep husky voice making both women look up at a tall man with green eyes that were kinda puffy. "D-Did you say Tawni?"

"Yes," Kaylee says looking at the man weirdly. "Who are you?"

"I know your sister," Harry says ignoring the question.

"How in the hell do you know that?" Veronica asks protectively.

"She told me," Harry says fumbling with her fingers. "She told me she works here."

"Tawni can't talk," Kaylee scoffs in disbelief. "Do you know who you're talking about? Are you just on drugs?"

"She talks to me," Harry dropped his head down with his voice slightly cracking. The man misses Tawni's soft voice so much and it just really stung him so deep now just knowing that he probably fucked up.

"Who are you anyway and how do you know my little sister?" Veronica asks the sad man gently.

"Please, is she around?" Harry asks desperately. "I really need to see her."