Masterpiece | The Runaway City

The moment they left the house it seems like the bright shining sun was replaced with a red moon with dark clouds surrounding the precious aspect of the night. Harry recalls it being midday when he invaded the mansion, but it seems like his mind decided to play tricks on him. The sky was dark and the city was a ghost town as they ran down the sidewalk covered in blood. He felt like everytime they made a turn it was like they were being followed but when he looked back there nobody behind them.

In the night they ran so far that Harry almost gave up to stop but he kept going with Tawni's bloodstained hand in his very own. There was no one around, not a single soul was in sight and that only made Harry questioned what was going on. A red moon taunted him from up above and it didn't make sense to him why his life was making a sudden sharp turn. He tried to put everything together but nothing was adding up. It was like he was trying to out two uncommon puzzles pieces together, and that got him nothing.

When they finally turned into the alley and bombarded Harry's apartment it was like a wave of uncertainly came over Harry. Tawni had her back against the front door crying her eyes out while Harry was trying to put everything together. First, her own sisters doesn't remember who he is. Secondly, he witnessed his precious jewel murder her own stepfather right in front of him. Third, the time seemed to skip from day to night and the moon was glowing red. Lastly, there wasn't a single soul at night as they both ran and ran and ran for their lives.

Even with the world being crazy Harry still had time to comfort his crying girlfriend who had just killed for the first time. She was shaking and she mumbling things underneath her breath. Harry was just scared as Tawni was, and when he tried to get her to move she had snapped at him which made him flinch. No matter how hard she was punching his back and screaming for him to put her down he took her to his room. He soon ran a warm bath for her and cleaned the blood off from her carmel skin as she mumbled inaudible words underneath her breath.

Harry didn't get a wink of sleep either that night. The man stayed awake and faithfully stayed very close to his girlfriend who slept in his arms. He was afraid if he fell asleep and woke up the next morning Tawni would no longer be right next to him, so he stayed up and held her close like she was going to disappear. She talked in her sleep that night and every once in a while she would hug his body tighter. Harry didn't know what they were going to do, and not having a plan scared him very dearly.

To top everything off the sun has not took place in the sky yet and Harry was terrified if he was ever going to see the sun again. He hated summer, he hated the heat, and he hated the sun but he has never been so desperate in his life. The sky only got darker and the clouds covered the red glowing light called the moon. Both of them were coped in his bedroom, one was awake while the other one was sleep having nightmares. It has been a very long night, and it seems like it'll be even longer.

"Chase please no..p-please stop," Tawni mumbled in her sleep a frowned took place on her face. Her arms tightened around his body and soon she started to scream seconds later. "Chase! Stop it! D-Don't hurt him!"

"Baby, baby, baby," Harry cupped her face as she continued to scream. "Please wake up..y-you're scaring me."

Tawni's eyes flew open and she took a deep breath as she finally woke up. She was sweating and she was shaking. When she looked into Harry's frantic eyes she she slightly relaxed but that didn't mean that her heart wasn't thumping out of her chest right now.

"I'm r-right here baby," Harry whispers caressing her face. "J-Just look me, okay? And breathe f-for me."

She nodded to his gentle commands with her eyes trained on his, "W-What are w-we gonna do?"