Masterpiece | His Backstories

The moment Harry came back into his empty livingroom yesterday he had lost his marbles when he didn't see Tawni in sight. What he hated the most is how the voices came back taunting him and scolding him of his wrong doings. They called him selfish, narcissistic, a bastard, and a heartless monster. All those words got to him deeply that he ended up trashing his whole entire apartment. Red paint and glass was pretty much everywhere along with the broken pieces of his heart. He screwed up big time, and it was hard realizing that.

He was never the type to console people because no one ever consoled him. Not even his own parents, and he definitely didn't have any friends either. It seems like everytime he felt down there was no one there for him, and that resulted for Harry to grow thick skin at a very young age. Now being twenty-eight years old he has become the coldest man that has ever walked this earth. He goes by the lines of "aw, too bad" or "toughen up" to the people who are going through the same struggles he went through years ago.

Des Styles was his father and Anne Styles was his mother before they both died when he was the young age of ten. They loved each other so much until women and alcohol came in between their marriage. Des wouldn't even admit to his infidelity or his drinking problem. It seems like he would brush it off like it wasn't a big deal, but Anne saw how he changed over the months. He started drinking, he started cheating, and he even became abusive to Anne and Harry at a point. There was this one time where Anne was going to take her son and leave Des, but it ended up turning really bad, and it was the night that everything went south for Harry.

He could still hear them arguing from his room that was upstairs on the first door on the right. The young boy didn't understand why his parents has been fighting so much. It all started only several months earlier and now it has only gotten worse to the point that Anne was about to take her son and leave. Harry heard his mother's cries and his father's yelling from downstairs and it sounded really bad this time, and that only caught his attention for him to see what is going on.

The curious boy walked downstairs to see his own father pointing a gun at his mother. Her facial expression screamed the word 'mercy' but Des was heartless and pulled the trigger watching her body fall to the ground. The pool of blood was extending further and further onto the surface of the hardwood floor. Des' hands were shaking, and his eyes were narrowed at his now dead wife. Harry was silent and heartbroken at the view. The ten year old boy was too scared to even move or else he would have been beaten or would have been shot on sight too.

Des walked away like he didn't do anything, like he just didn't commit a crime of killing his own wife, but instead he went into the kitchen to get him a beer to try to forget everything. Harry slowly approached his mother when his father was out of the view and went to go pick her up but her body was just lifeless. Blood was all over his pajamas and his heart had shattered into millions of pieces. He wanted this to be a dream, he wanted this to be unreal, he wanted to wake up, but it was reality.

So Harry set the living room on fire by throwing a lamp on the ground, pouring his father's empty beer bottle on the electric plug, and allowing the curtains and the furniture to catch fire. Harry ran away from his home covered in blood and with tears making his vision blurry. Never did he once dare to look back, but he heard his father's screams from a distance while running away.

And just to think..that was only the beginning for him.

He was found and placed in a foster home for about five years after it all happened. The fifteen year old boy was odd and he didn't interact with the other kids either. And on top of that, the foster parent of the house abused him and only him ever since Harry arrived.

There was this one time where he brought up Harry's parent's death and blamed it all on the fifteen year old boy in front of everybody. All the kids grew terrified of Harry and started making fun of him about it. He remembers that night like it was yesterday, it was the night that he started hearing those voices all telling him to kill that bastard.

That is exactly what he did. Harry snuck out of his bedroom and headed upstairs where he would be sleeping. The large knife in his hand glistened and those green eyes of his were cold. Harry killed that man in his sleep with several swipes and jabs deep into his flesh, and he didn't regret it one bit.

After that, he was taken to another foster home with a new set of kids and caretakers. He was the sixteen year old boy who didn't talk and he didn't give a damn if he was adopted or not. After almost beating a kid half to death at school, that is when he was sent to the asylum far far away, and it seems like he had nothing to live for back then.

But now it was different because he had something to live for, and he better go get it before it slipped away.

He had to get his girl back.

-

i wrote this chapter to show you all what Harry had to go through at a very young age . seeing your own father kill your mother , losing your parents , not having a home , being abused by an assigned "caretaker" , being picked on by other kids , & not being accepted in this cruel world is what makes harry the man he is today .

harry doesn't show compassion because nobody has ever been compassionate for him — not even his own parent & yet alone anyone else .

it all makes sense if you put it to his perspective , doesn't it ? well .. i just wanted to show you where he comes from because it isn't easy having disorganized behaviors or having thoughts that are not your own .

personally , i haven't experienced any of those but i still want to display them & put myself into harry's shoes to make this story even better because i really want to improve this book .

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz