Chapter 12

Tom's eyes widened before he smiled at Adrien, "Well, I certainly didn't see that coming." He chuckled a bit.

"Remember, no closed doors when he's over." Sabine instructed.

Marinette nodded and smiled, "I know the rules, mom."

After that, both her parents went downstairs. Adrien sat beside his girlfriend again, "You're parents were really cool about that."

"Yeah, they trust me. And they know you well enough to trust you too. As long as we follow the rules, they have no problem with you coming over." She smiled at him.

He sighed and leaned back, "I wish my father trusted me.."

Marinette frowned and leaned back too, leaning on her side so she could face him better, "Do you want to talk about it? About your dad?"

He shook his head before looking at her with a smile, "That's a conversation for a different day. Right now I want to get back to kicking your butt in Ultimate Mecha Strike III" He chuckled before leaning forward to grab his controller again.

She smirked, "You're on!" She grabbed her controller as well, "And I think you need to work on your definition of kicking butt because I was wiping the floor with you."

Adrien saw something familiar in the way she acted when she wasn't all flustered and nervous, it sort of reminded him of his other love interst. He pushed the thoughts out of his head and focused on beating her, but still lost to her again anyways.