Chapter 4

Aron's POV

I woke up to find that I was alone.

I sighed quietly,

Maybe Jorel never truly was here.

I mean why would he wanna be here anyways.

I was probably just imagining it because of how lonely this God damn hospital is.

Luckily, I should be getting out today.

I jumped slightly when a nurse walked in, startling me from my thoughts.

" sorry..." she apologized.

"It's....it's fine...." I mumbled.

" okay.....do you have anyone here that can drive you home?" she asked.

I shook my head.

" alright, well we need you to sign this " she said, handing me a clipboard " and then you can be on your way. "

I nodded, taking the clipboard and looking it over.

It said shit about how I should have someone watching over me most of the time and what not.

I sighed, taking a pen and signing on the line.

The nurse took the clipboard and left the room.

I slowly and carefully got out of my hospital bed and walked over to my clothes.

I took the pile, going into the bathroom and coming out a few minutes later with all my clothes on.

I walked out of the room, stuffing my hands in my pockets and going to the first floor.

Just as I walked out of the doors I ran into Jorel.

" I'm so sorry, I would've been here sooner but I fell asleep and didn't wake up till like fifteen minutes ago " he breathed out, still catching his breath from running.

" it's whatever " I muttered in reply, walking back to his car with him.

We both stayed quiet as we got in his car, Jorel turning it on and shifting into drive.

I buckled my seatbelt, resting my head against the window.

We drove out of the parking lot and onto the road.

It wouldn't take long to get to my apartment luckily.

About a silent fifteen minute car ride ever we pulled into the parking lot of my building.

" bye Jorel...thanks for the ride " I mumbled, quickly getting out of the car and shutting the door behind me.

Jorel's POV

I quickly shut off my car and got out, catching up to Aron.

" you're not getting out of this that easy " I said, walking with him.

" look, I don't need you to take care of me. Don't bother wasting your time and just go home " he muttered, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

" alrighty, guess I can just take these then as well " I said, a sheepish grin as I dangled his keys from my hand.

He didn't look amused whatsoever.

" fine. Just give me my fucking keys " he snapped, snatching them out of my hand.

" Christ, someone shove their foot up your ass or something " I muttered under my breath as both of us walked into the building.

" sorry....I just want to get to my apartment so I can sleep in my own bed " Aron mumbled as we walked up the stairs.

I didn't reply as I followed him to his apartment.

He stuck the key in the lock and opened the door, leading me inside.

I shut the door once I was in the apartment, slipping my shoes off.

I turned around, seeing Aron disappear into his room.

I decided I'd just leave him alone for now so I went and sat down on the couch.

I was still quite tired from not getting much sleep the past couple days.

I laid down, resting my head on a pillow and soon falling fast asleep.

~

I don't know what time it was but I know it was late.

I woke up to Aron sitting in front off me.

"j-jorel?" he asked shakily.

" Aron?....what's wrong?... " I replied, sitting up slightly.

"I...I...I can't sleep w-without having a nightmare" he mumbled, his voice cracking.

I sat up fully and then got up, holding my hand out for Aron.

He took it, standing up with me.

I took his hand, leading him back to his room.

I crawled onto his bed and pulled him onto it with me.

As soon as we were both on his bed he rested his head on my chest.

I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close.

I brushed his bangs out of his face and ran my hands through his hair repeatedly.

I just continued with petting his hair in attempt to calm him down.

I could tell he was starting to fall back asleep so I started rubbing his back.

A few minutes later I heard his soft breathing, meaning he was asleep.

I started to doze off as well, eventually falling asleep with him in my arms.