Chapter 17

Aron's POV

I rested in Jeff's arms, staying quiet.

We'd gotten back from the hospital around five a.m.

Neither of us could fall back asleep so we just laid together in his room.

The silence of the early morning was comforting as well as resting in his arms.

It was starting to get light outside.

I shifted around a bit before becoming lost in thought.

Jorel's words before he left the hospital room just kept running through my head.

He was so upset with me just because I didn't want to go home with him.

I snapped out of my trance like state when I felt Jeff nudge me on the shoulder.

" wanna watch the sunrise from the front porch?" he asked quietly.

" I guess so. " I replied, both of us sitting up.

I put my sweatshirt on, zipping it up.

We both walked out to the living room and then to the door, walking outside.

I fished my cigarettes out of my sweatshirt pocket, grabbing one.

I offered one to Jeff.

Once we both had a cigarette I put the box back into my pocket and grabbed my lighter.

I lit my cig then handed him the lighter so he could do the same.

Once he was done I took it back and stuffed it in my pocket.

We both stood there, smoking our cigarettes and watching the sunrise.

It was honestly really calming.

I felt him put his arm around me.

I leaned into his touch, moving closer.

This was nice.

Even if it wouldn't last it's nice to enjoy moments like this while I still can.

We stayed outside for awhile longer, just enjoying each other's company.

While I did miss Jorel it was nice to get away from the stress of hiding all my scars.

Jeff never pushed me to talk about them if I didn't want to but with Jorel he wouldn't leave me alone about it.

I know he's just worried about me but still.

Eventually the two of us went back inside.

I went and sat on the couch while Jeff went to the kitchen to do whatever.

I could hear the faint sound of my phone going off in Jeff's room.

I got up, making my way towards it.

Once in his room I sat on the bed and picked up my phone.

It was a bunch of texts from the guys.

They were pretty rude too, saying nasty things to me just because I was staying with Jeff.

What really hurt was what Jorel said though.

He'd texted me this late last night.

Jorel: look aron, if you really wanna be a stubborn ass about this you shouldn't even bother coming back to my place or even contacting any of us again. Don't come crying to me if Jeff kicks you out or some shit