Chapter 7

Jorel's POV

After that night on the Boulevard when Aron freaked out after I asked him if he was okay I was quite worried.

He'd left way earlier than the rest of us.

I was gonna go after him but decided he needed space probably so that's what I gave him.

Except it's been days since any of us have heard anything from him.

He won't answer calls or texts.

I was on my way over to his place right now.

Vanessa was back at my apartment because I got the feeling Aron didn't like having her around.

I pulled into the parking lot, finding a place to park.

I turned my car off and got out, locking it behind myself.

I made my way into the building and up to his apartment.

I hesitated before knocking on the door.

No one answered so I knocked again.

" oh my god! Just go the fuck away!" I heard a voice yell from the other side.

" Aron, I'm not leaving till I talk to you " I replied.

" well you just did so leave!" he shouted back.

" just let me in. Please "

"why? So you can yell at me and judge me for what I do to myself?"

" it's not like that "

" yes it is. Why don't you scurry off and go hang out with Vanessa. She's a lot more worth your time than I am!"

" Aron, you're my fucking best friend "

" trust me, I won't be for much longer "

" Aron! Please just fucking let me in!"

It went silent for a minute or two but then I heard the door being unlocked.

It opened to reveal Aron standing there in just an unzipped hoodie and a pair if gym shorts.

He looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks.

" what the hell do you want?" he hissed.

" Aron, all of us are worried about you. You haven't said a word to any if us in like a week " I replied.

" so? What's the point in talking with any of you if I'm just gonna be dead soon?" he muttered.

" stop that! I'm not letting you die or kill yourself " I snapped.

" well you can't really do shit about it " he replied.

" why have you been so bitter ever since you found out me and Vanessa were dating again?" I asked, crossing my arms.

" because Jorel, I fucking love you!" aron said and then shut the door on me, locking it.

I stood there, processing his words.

"wait....Aron...please. Y-you love me?" I asked.

No reply though.

I sighed, turning and walking to the steps.

I walked to the first floor and out to the parking lot.

I made it to my car, unlocking it and getting in.

I shut the door and buckled my seatbelt.

" how could I have been so foolish? This whole time I never noticed. I've had my suspicions but I never talked to him about it....this is all my fault... " I muttered, resting my head on my steering wheel.

I started my car and drove back to my place.

Once I got there I got out, locking my car and going inside.

I took off my shoes and sat down on the couch.

I must've zoned out because I hadn't even realized Vanessa walked into the room.

She sat down, putting a hand on my shoulder.

" You alright?" she asked quietly.

" uh yeah...I'm fine. It's just something Aron said to me right before I left " I replied.

" what did he say? Is he alright?"

" he's....he's not doing good. I can tell. He won't admit it though. I want to help him but he won't let me. "

" oh...I'm so sorry Jay. What did he say though?"

" I asked him about why he'd freaked out the night we told everyone we were dating again. He....he shouted at me that it was because he loved me and then just shut the door "

" well you guys love each other like brothers. You're best friends "

"...No....this was different.... "