Chapter 5

Jorel's pov

I stayed in the parking lot, sitting in my car.

I had some rock radio station playing to tune out the rain.

I was picking up Aron from his shift at a local bar.

He usually worked nights there just to make some extra cash.

I unlocked the door as he rushed up to my car, quickly getting in.

" hey buddy, how was work?" I asked as he buckled his seatbelt.

" it was....it was fine. Just please drive me home, I just want to sleep. It's been a rough day" Aron replied, leaning his seat back.

" yeah...okay.. " I mumbled in reply as I pulled out of the parking lot.

Sleep seemed to be on his mind a lot lately no matter what time of day it was.

By the time I pulled into the parking lot of his apartment building he was already fast asleep in the passenger side.

I looked over at him with a small smile.

He was so peaceful and adorable when he was asleep.

I got out of the driver's side and walked over to Aron's, opening the door and carefully picking him up.

I shut the door, locking my car.

His arms hung loosely around my neck and his legs were weakly wrapped around my waist, his bony figure pressing against my chest.

I kept one arm around him for support.

As we walked he nuzzled his face into my neck and I couldn't help but let out a quiet awe.

We got to his apartment.

I looked through my keys, finding the spare key I had to his apartment.

I unlocked the door, carefully pushing it open.

Once inside I shut the door and locked it, slipping my shoes off.

I took Aron's shoes off as well and carefully made my way to his room.

Once in there I set him down gently on his bed and slipped his hoodie off.

I gave a small sigh, seeing his scarred wrists.

Luckily none of them seemed to be very fresh.

I climbed onto his bed and carefully pulled his sleeping figure into my arms, pulling the covers over us.

As I laid there with him I slowly ended up falling asleep.

~

I woke up the next morning to find myself still holding Aron but my arms were around his waist and he was facing away from me.

I gave a small smile, carefully untangling myself from him and getting up.

I shuffled out of his room and to the kitchenette, making some coffee.

Once I got myself a cup I went and sat on the couch.

I'd left some coffee for Aron when he got up.

I'd slowly zoned out, becoming lost in my thoughts.

Flashbacks of stuff Aron and I had done together over the years played in my mind like a movie.

One flashback stood out from the rest though.

It was one from freshman year in highschool.

Aron and I had a few classes together that year.

We sat in our algebra classroom, waiting for our teacher to arrive.

Aron sat in the back while I sat in front with Jordan.

I'd met him in middle school so we were already friends.

A few minutes before the teacher walked in Jordan nugded my shoulder and directed my attention to Aron.

I thought he was staring out the window but he was actually looking at me.

" looks like Aron can't keep his eyes off you " Jordan chuckled.

" shut up. He's probably zoned out and staring out the window or something " I muttered.

" yeah, if you say so lover boy. I see the way you look at him. " Jordan teased.

" I don't know what you're talking about " I replied.

" yeah you do. Get this though, you know that one kid, George Ragan?" he asked.

" yeah, he's one of Aron's buddies. " I said.

" so I was talking to him the one day and he accidentally told me something he wasn't supposed to " Jordan said.

" and what was that?"

" he told me that Aron confessed to him about bein' in love with your gay ass " Jordan chuckled.

I wanted to believe him but at the same time I didn't know if I could.

" I doubt it. He doesn't talk about his feelings to anyone. Not even me and I'm his best friend " I said.

To this day I never asked Aron about it.

I'd still always catch him looking at me that same way though.

I wanted so badly for that to be true, that he did love me as more than w friend.

I was so deep in thought that I practically threw my coffee cup when Aron tapped me on thw shoulder.

" You uh...You alright there Jay?" he asked quietly, sitting next to me.

I nodded. "yeah....uh....can I ask you about something?"