Chapter 5

The next day I woke to a feeling of soft feathers as it tickled my nose. I smile as I sat up and looked at Lorea to see her wings lay behind her. I quietly got out of bed and walked to my closet. I picked a pink dress that has black heart scattered all over. I then put on my black heeled sandals that buckled on the outer side of my foot. I walked over to the side of the bed where Lorea still laid sleeping. I smiled and moved a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"Lorea." I whispered sweetly. "Lorea you need to get up."

I heard a sound of annoyance as she pouted. She sat up straight and stretched. As she yawned her wings disappeared from behind her. Opening her eyes I was met with a smile.

"Hey Kyra. How did you sleep?" she asked getting out of my bed.

"Fine. What about you?"

"Same." she walked over to my closet. "Hey do you mind if I barrow some clothes for the day?"

"Go ahead." I said as I started to make my bed.

Once I was done, I walked into the kitchen to see Lorea in a pair of jeans and a black shirt that had a diamond opening in the back. It was the perfect shirt that allowed her to show off her new wings.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked opening my fridge.

"I don't really care." she said.

"How about a banana? Its the only thing I've got right now. I need to get to the store after school."

"Yeah that's fine."

I handed her a banana and we ate in peace. Once we were finished, I grabbed my books and we started to walk to school. Luckily Lorea left her books at school since we didn't have homework. As we walked, we talked about different topics from the day before. After walking most of the way to school, a question hit me about what I saw yesterday.

"Hey Lorea. Mind if I ask you a question?" I said stopping in front of the school building.

"Always." she said with a smile.

"Who was that boy you were staring at in class? The one with the thick black glasses."

Her face turned a shade of pink as she looked to the ground. "Was I that obvious?" she asked with a hint of concern.

"I don't think anyone else noticed. But who is he?" I asked again.

"His name is Dustin Right. His name means Warrior of Righteousness. I've been in the same class as him for three years now but I get scared whenever I try to talk to him." she said shyly.

"You're so cute when your like this." I teased ruffling her hair.

"Its not funny Kyra. I really like him but I just cant seem to talk to him."

"Have you tried saying hi?" I asked looking behind her. Dustin was walking toward us.

"I guess that's a start." she said looking up at me.

"Here's your chance."

She quickly looked behind herself and saw Dustin. Her body went stiff as she held her breathe. I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You got this." I whispered close to her ear. "Just say hi."

She watched as he started to walk past us. She took a deep breathe and did what I told her.

"Hi Dustin." she said nervously.

"Hey Lorea." he said with a smile. "Hey Kyra."

"Hello." I said with a wave of my hand.