Chapter 9

When i woke up this morning, something didn't feel right. There was this emptiness in my heart that I could not understand. As i went through my morning routine, pain in my stomach and heart increased. I didn't know what was happening to my own body and it frightened me. 

I sighed and open my door, but to my surprise i found a young girl at the ends of my steps. I blinked a few times before opening my mouth. No words passed my lips and once again, i didn't understand why.

This girl wore a torn school uniform. Her hair was snow white with blood dripping off the ends. Slowly she looked up towards me and i saw a huge slash mark across her chest and stomach. Her blue eyes pleading to be saved.

"Please...princess..." that's all she could say before becoming unconscious. 

I quickly ran down my steps and picked the small girl up into my arms. Without even thinking, i brought this girl into my home and laid her on the floor so that i could tend to her wounds. I rushed to get my first-aid kit from under the bathroom sink. 

When i came back, i found that her wound was slowly healing itself. I smiled knowing she wasn't in danger of dying. I sat next to her and waited for her to wake up.

I quickly became bored and wondered my house trying to find something to entertain me while i waited. In the mist of my looking, i heard a small wincing coming from the girl. I quickly ran back and sat next to her. Slowly she pushed herself so that she was sitting.

"Princess..." She said in a whisper.

"There's no princess here. What's your name?" i asked.

"Alayla Night." She said a bit louder. "Where am i princess?"

"I'm no princess." I said with a chuckle. "But this is my place."

"Are you not Kyra? The one with black wings?" She asked very shyly.

"That's me. But how do you know my name. I've never seen you before."

"My apology. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Alayla Night and i just transferred from the town over. It's nice to meet you princess."

"Why are you calling me princess?" i asked folding my arms.

"It's best if i just show you." she said with a sigh. She turned her back to me and out came beautiful wings...one white...and one black.

I was stunned to see i wasnt the only one who was different. I smiled as tears slowly clouded my vision. Without thinking i hugged this girl. It took her by shock but she returned the hug.

"Thank you." i said wiping the last of my tears. "But that doesnt answer why you called me princess."

"Oh thats because your a pure fallen angel. Both your mother and father were angels that turned evil. Hence the reason your wings are pure black. Mine on the other hand are only half because im a half bread. My mother was an angel and my father was a fallen."

"How would you know this?" i asked confused.

"Because my grandmother was the first Kyra. Shes the reason i know so much. She told me before she died that another Kyra would be born and she would lead the fallen. That makes you a princess. And i am a servant who will do anything you say." she said kneeling in front of me.

"But...i dont want that...i just want to be normal...why...why me..." i said putting my hands into fists.

"Im sorry princess but this is your fate. You cant rum from you destiny."

"I need time to figure everything out. For now you need to shower to get that blood off of you. The bathroom is down the hall to the left. I have a spare uniform you can use."

"Thank you princess."

"Please dont call me that. Its just Kyra...okay." i said with a smile.

"Okay...Kyra."